Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Ice fishing in the afternoon
So I want to take a friend ice fishing at Strawberry but his schedule is such that he can only go from 1:00 pm until 8:pm. Has anyone had any experience ice fishing Strawberry at that time of day and would be so kind to share their experience please??
Here is a North Pike from Yuba I caught about 2012..[Image: Yuba.jpg]

download instagram high resolution photos
(01-25-2021, 11:47 PM)luckybob Wrote: So I want to take a friend ice fishing at Strawberry but his schedule is such that he can only go from 1:00 pm until 8:pm. Has anyone had any experience ice fishing Strawberry at that time of day and would be so kind to share their experience please??

Fished last Saturday from 2 until dark over by haws point. about 20 Slot cuts each set up in about 28 FOW. Fish were all the way from bottom to right under Ice. Jig head with white plastic tipped with either millworm or crawler did the trick. Good luck!
(01-25-2021, 11:47 PM)luckybob Wrote: So I want to take a friend ice fishing at Strawberry but his schedule is such that he can only go from 1:00 pm until 8:pm. Has anyone had any experience ice fishing Strawberry at that time of day and would be so kind to share their experience please??

You might want to look at my post from a couple weeks ago. https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...pid1110615. Even when catching is slow in the afternoon on Strawberry it can really pick up after dark.  I much prefer fishing a few hours after dark than getting up at 5:00 AM to make the morning bite. The after dark bite is typically better anyway.
(01-26-2021, 12:17 AM)JBSPARKIE Wrote:

Fished last Saturday from 2 until dark over by haws point. about 20 Slot cuts each set up in about 28 FOW. Fish were all the way from bottom to right under Ice. Jig head with white plastic tipped with either millworm or crawler did the trick. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply...sounds like you had some fun..

(01-26-2021, 02:04 AM)Fisharefriends Wrote:

You might want to look at my post from a couple weeks ago. https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...pid1110615. Even when catching is slow in the afternoon on Strawberry it can really pick up after dark.  I much prefer fishing a few hours after dark than getting up at 5:00 AM to make the morning bite. The after dark bite is typically better anyway.
Thank you...good report