Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off Site Work Meeting Pine View 1/27
Our crew all left work and reconvened at Pine View at noon for an off-site meeting on Wednesday. We fished North cemetery point from 12:00 - 5:00 pm in 47 cow. Ice was 11” with 2-3” of hard snow.  The edges are holding up well for easy Snowdog or snowmobile access.  Fishing was great! There was 5 of us and a 6 year old  fish manager. We ended with 85 perch, 25 crappie and a crazy fun time. Big Grin

[Image: 03982572-EC1-D-42-BF-B3-E1-CFF837-EFA096.png]
No parking tickets?
Those are the kind of work meeting I like Cool, sounds like a great outing. My guess is that you parked at the Port ramp and went out from there. Anything over 10" caught?
That's the kind of report I like to hear! Been wanting to get out all this week. Hoping that the edges continue to hold, but man it's warming. Supposed to be above freezing all the way through tomorrow night at least.

Just FYI for any that care, I called the Ogden Ranger District with a question pertaining to the Cemetery Point Marina. My question was if it was OK to pull off the driveway in front of the "Road Closed" gate. I was over there last week, and while there were the "No Parking" signs up and down the main road, there were no "no parking" signs in the driveway area. There was a guy pulled off the driveway parked on the slope on the west side. I called this morning to see if this was legal, and the response I got was "not really"...not a hard "no", but probably a hassel if they did decide to ticket you. They did say it was OK to foot access through the marina even with the road gated off. I would think without "no parking" signs in the marina driveway area, you could get out of the ticket on that technicality, but it would be a hassel. Anyway, just an FYI to any brave souls out there...
(01-28-2021, 03:37 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: That's the kind of report I like to hear!  Been wanting to get out all this week.  Hoping that the edges continue to hold, but man it's warming.  Supposed to be above freezing all the way through tomorrow night at least.

Just FYI for any that care, I called the Ogden Ranger District with a question pertaining to the Cemetery Point Marina.  My question was if it was OK to pull off the driveway in front of the "Road Closed" gate.  I was over there last week, and while there were the "No Parking" signs up and down the main road, there were no "no parking" signs in the driveway area.  There was a guy pulled off the driveway parked on the slope on the west side.  I called this morning to see if this was legal, and the response I got was "not really"...not a hard "no", but probably a hassel if they did decide to ticket you.  They did say it was OK to foot access through the marina even with the road gated off.  I would think without "no parking" signs in the marina driveway area, you could get out of the ticket on that technicality, but it would be a hassel.  Anyway, just an FYI to any brave souls out there...
We parked in that circle driveway by the marina gates. There wasn’t any “no parking “ signs there and we didn’t get any tickets. We passed a ranger on our way to the lake and he just waved. With that said there’s only room for maybe 10 vehicles there without blocking the gates or getting near the signs.

(01-28-2021, 02:54 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Those are the kind of work meeting I like Cool, sounds like a great outing. My guess is that you parked at the Port ramp and went out from there. Anything over 10" caught?
Yeah mostly 8-9”   Undecided