Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UDWR stocked 8 million fish In 2020
That equates to a whopping 1,170,330 pounds of future fish catching opportunities.

https://www.heraldextra.com/utahadventur...e-nav-next

Zooplankton Vs. Phytoplankton
can you see Plankton on Your Sonar?    if you find it can you catch more fish?
Thanks for posting the article.  It was quite interesting.

So what that means is, if you are not catching fish you might need to move on to another sport. Big Grin
To me, it says they stocked about two million real fish and the rest were only trout.
I agree with Rocky. I like to fish for all species, but the stocking amounts are far too lopsided. Personally, I think the DWRs fish management policies need to be revised. It’s almost as if they don’t know how to stock anything else.
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
My question is how many of those fish actually survive.  When I notice the stocking report for Strawberry with Kokanee and Cutthroat being planted that are three to four inches long, I wonder how many of those just end up being dinner for the Cutthroat already there.
They put 250,000 wiper in yuba several years ago that were i think half a inch, I thought the carp,walleye,pike,and smallmouth and catfish would gorge on them, but here we are 5 years later pulling them out at catchable size, then this year they put 35,000 tiger trout.... with 80degree summer water churned up by countless boats I think they'll all be gone and dead by july... leave the pike in there people would love 1 lake without trout and catch pike!!
Utah is certainly "troutcentric." If you read angling reports that say "caught four fish" you can bet that they meant rainbows. There are many, many Utahns who have never fished for anything else, nor eaten anything else. My barber is one, and I have promised to take him out with me and fry him up some crappie, perch, walleye, or catfish just to show him what real white-fleshed fish taste like. As opposed to those pasty hatchery 'bows, that is.