Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin Striker 4 A-scope
I was watching a you tube video a month or two ago on how to make better use of my Striker 4 for ice fishing. The presenter mentioned "A-scope" which shows a live representation of what is going on in the sonar cone, similar to a flasher. My unit did not have this enabled by default, so I went looking. The Striker 4 does have this capability. It is kind of like having a vertical flasher for immediate readout, that then reads into the graph history.

This is not the end-all, be-all of fish catching by any means, but I have found it helps me to understand what I see on the graph better. I no longer have to choose between flasher mode and graph mode. For anyone interested, this is not unique to the striker 4. It is likely old news to many, but I found it a nice addition to the screen. Since it is not enabled by default, many may not even know the function exists.

One additional benefit, is that it will tell you the width of your sonar cone at bottom.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/...B28C6.html
Thanks. I will try it.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Its a pretty cool feature, my son likes it better than the flasher setting
I have the same one and that is the setting I use all the time. the one thing i didn't know was the cone size. that little finder has some pretty cool features for the price.
I always use this. Then on the left I set it to only read the bottom. It shows the more detailed view of what ever I set on depth.