Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Ice?
How is it looking for fishable ice up there? Im guessing not much with the weather. Anyone know if there is any chance we will get some at this point in the season?

Thanks in advance,
Eric
Looks like a lot of ice on the traffic cam... Anyone tried the ice recently?
I drove by Tuesday and Wednesday, people were in the walsburg arm, and way out past the island both days.
(01-30-2021, 04:33 AM)DailyAngler Wrote: How is it looking for fishable ice up there? Im guessing not much with the weather. Anyone know if there is any chance we will get some at this point in the season?

Thanks in advance,
Eric
I drove by today and there were many people fishing near the island. One tent in Rainbow bay but still a lot of open water from Rainbow to the main ramp. I could see large areas of slush and dark areas without any new snow and people were set up within a few dozen feet of those danger areas. I don't know the thickness of the ice but I was very content to drive on up the mountain and fish a lake that has 16" of solid clear ice. I'm getting too old to wonder if the ice is thick enough to be safe. I can certainly tell you that just because one part of DC might be fishable you don't have to go very far to find another part that can get you in trouble real fast. Be careful if you go.
Thank you guys for the info
I fished near the island ramp monday. 6.5" of bubbly ice with soft edges. Groups were way out in the middle. Very slow after the air pressure rise.
Came back this morning. BEWARE! After Tuesday wind, warm and now rain I found it quite unsafe After Walking 50 feet out , turned around and went to Strawberry
(02-03-2021, 02:13 PM)DailyAngler Wrote: Came back this morning. BEWARE! After Tuesday wind, warm and now rain I found it quite unsafe After Walking 50 feet out , turned around and went to Strawberry
Have a great day on Strawberry!
(02-03-2021, 02:53 PM)hookngrinin Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 02:13 PM)DailyAngler Wrote: Came back this morning. BEWARE! After Tuesday wind, warm and now rain I found it quite unsafe After Walking 50 feet out , turned around and went to Strawberry
Have a great day on Strawberry!
Thanks bud.  I finally found some winter weather, but a noisy group with a sled missing its muffler found me even though they had the whole lake and decided to do dohnuts around my tent.