Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Cisco Report
I hunted all around the lake for Cisco near shore and talked to several different groups. Only found one group of guys who had caught any dip netting today. They only had 2 that they caught in the marina through the ice. I had no luck locating any. One group said they had seen two small schools of Cisco come by but were unable to get them close enough to net any.  So the shore netting is tough.  

The boats have been doing better and there were 10 boats on the rock pile this morning.  I spoke to one group who said they fished the rock pile yesterday and they did well. They told be the Cisco were starting to spill eggs so They thought we may be nearing the end of the run.

I might go try netting after dark tonight just to see if the lights might attract some closer to shore.
I'm heading up there tomorrow. Hopefully they will be in. Are they staying deeper because lack of ice ??
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
(01-31-2021, 01:39 AM)fishing4thehog Wrote: I'm heading up there tomorrow.  Hopefully they will be in. Are they staying deeper because lack of ice ??
I assume that’s the case.  I spoke to two DWR officers and they said they were not sure why there have not been manny coming into shore the last couple of years. The lack of ice could be a reason.  Hope you can find some. If so please post any info you might have. If you have a boat you should be able to snag some.