Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Striker 4 Garmin Fish finder Questions
I just bought a new Stryker 4 and was wondering if anyone has ever used Drill battery to power them for small boats.  I have an 18v battery with the adapter I was wondering if it would harm the Fishfinder?  it says 10v - 20v 3a  on the specs for the Stryker.  Ill probably end up just buying a new battery for it but just wondering opinions.
I would suggest calling manufacturer with that question to see it will work and will it void warranty if used. Just my thoughts
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Just got off of chat with support at Garmin and they said it would be fine.  JUST FYI
Did you read the post early in the summer how a member used a 30 cal. plastic ammo box to house his striker 4 w/transducer,and battery? Pretty compact unit. I made me one for my Striker4. Did you get the standard transducer or the ice fishing transducer?
Good fishing to all.   Hue
(01-28-2021, 08:27 PM)BURLEY Wrote: Did you read the post early in the summer how a member used a 30 cal. plastic ammo box to house his striker 4 w/transducer,and battery? Pretty compact unit. I made me one for my Striker4.  Did you get the standard transducer or the ice fishing transducer?
The one I bought came with the standard but it supposes to be able for both.
(01-28-2021, 08:34 PM)big_griggs Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 08:27 PM)BURLEY Wrote: Did you read the post early in the summer how a member used a 30 cal. plastic ammo box to house his striker 4 w/transducer,and battery? Pretty compact unit. I made me one for my Striker4.  Did you get the standard transducer or the ice fishing transducer?
Yes and No.  Last year I got my s4 as an ice fishing bundle with battery and insulated bag that fits inside a 5 gal bucket. It came with the standard transducer and I struggled with positioning the transducer to see both lures because it's signal is in a fan shape instead of a true cone shape signal. I attached it to PVC for positioning. I now have the ICE transducer and it is much easier to see both lures without any positioning. I had hoped that you had the ICE and you might need my standard xducer.
(01-28-2021, 08:49 PM)BURLEY Wrote:
Yes and No.  Last year I got my s4 as an ice fishing bundle with battery and insulated bag that fits inside a 5 gal bucket. It came with the standard transducer and I struggled with positioning the transducer to see both lures because it's signal is in a fan shape instead of a true cone shape signal. I attached it to PVC for positioning. I now have the ICE transducer and it is much easier to see both lures without any positioning. I had hoped that you had the ICE and you might need my standard xducer.
Burley you might be able to help me out, I have always just used the standard transducer, not wanting to spend the money for the ice one, but my traducer now has a short in the cord that I'm fighting with and I am going to buy the ice transducer, the only issue is they are on back order everywhere and I am fishing in the Tite Lines Tournament at Echo on the 6th. If you want to sell or trade your boat transducer I'll take it for the right price. I have all kinds of gear and tackle or cash if that is what takes, let me know what you want for it.
(01-29-2021, 05:12 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 08:49 PM)BURLEY Wrote:
Burley you might be able to help me out, I have always just used the standard transducer, not wanting to spend the money for the ice one, but my traducer now has a short in the cord that I'm fighting with and I am going to buy the ice transducer, the only issue is they are on back order everywhere and I am fishing in the Tite Lines Tournament at Echo on the 6th. If you want to sell or trade your boat transducer I'll take it for the right price. I have all kinds of gear and tackle or cash if that is what takes, let me know what you want for it.
You are welcome to borrow it until your new one arrives. Text me for address. 435-553-5869
Griggs, I can't tell from the online description - does the Stryker 4 have a slot for a map chip? If it does, I have a Lake-Vu chip you can have.
(01-30-2021, 01:14 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Griggs, I can't tell from the online description - does the Stryker 4 have a slot for a map chip? If it does, I have a Lake-Vu chip you can have.

No the stryker 4 doesn't have a chip slot.  That is the only regret I have so far on using it.
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
Too bad. I will still offer that Lake-Vu chip to anyone with a Garmin GPS. Fish finder, handlheld, whatever, as long as it will take a chip it'll work. I bought one for my handheld Garmin Oregon to use on my kayak, and somehow ended up with two chips. One went with the handheld when I sold it and I still have the other chip. I have no other Garmin devices, so it's of no use to me.
(01-30-2021, 01:14 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Griggs, I can't tell from the online description - does the Stryker 4 have a slot for a map chip? If it does, I have a Lake-Vu chip you can have.
I have not looked that close yet been way to busy at work but I will check tonight
What battery are you all running? I feel like my striker kills batteries really quickly.
(02-01-2021, 04:09 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: What battery are you all running? I feel like my striker kills batteries really quickly.
I use one similar to the one in the link I can go several trips between charges. https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Max-Batter...2v+&sr=8-4
Thank you - great price too. I have a simar one, not sure what my amp hours were, or if it was damaged.. the dang thing would die in about 3 hours.

I was looking at some of the lithium ion ones... pricey. Liked the size and Ah rating though.
Best part of the Lithium batteries is the weight... You'll love how light they are compared to lead batteries... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I did end up going lithium, my wife sure loves me... buys me valentine's gifts she doesn't even know about.