Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake Perch
Been skunked fishing up Fairview Canyon the last couple of times. Looking to rebound and give the littles a good experience so I was thinking about setting them up to slay some perch at Fish Lake. Any suggestions on where the best spot for perch would be? South End or Joe Bush?
You should catch plenty at either location. If you are walking I would suggest the south end, because one doesn't have to walk as far to fish.
Fish the weed lines, 10-15 FOW. Use the first one you catch for bait. Most will be 6-8 inches, so if you keep them, check out the "clean a perch in 10 seconds" video on You Tube!
good luck and have fun!!
(02-06-2021, 09:03 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: You should catch plenty at either location.  If you are walking I would suggest the south end, because one doesn't have to walk as far to fish.
Are trout more likely at one are than another?
(02-06-2021, 11:01 PM)Salm0trutta Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 09:03 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: You should catch plenty at either location.  If you are walking I would suggest the south end, because one doesn't have to walk as far to fish.
Are trout more likely at one are than another?

After catching your fill of perch, move out a little deeper, at either location.
This passed weekend fished at Joe's 20ft of water put 80+ perch in the bucket. Also caught a mix of splake and rainbows.
(02-09-2021, 01:59 PM)taggmon54 Wrote: This passed weekend fished at Joe's 20ft of water put 80+ perch in the bucket. Also caught a mix of splake and rainbows.
Any size to those splake?
You can fish with 2 hooks on a line. For perch, put two hooks a foot or two apart. When you get the first bite, wait a moment and you may just bring in two.