Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be careful out there!
The ice near the shore line is getting weak at most of the lakes in southern Utah. I watched three people break through on Saturday. Thankfully the water was only knee deep, but it pretty much ruined their day of fishing with wet boots and pant legs. It's only going to get more dangerous with the warm weather forecast the first half of this week. I think I'm done playing on the ice for some of these lakes.
Alan just sent me a picture of a wheeler going through the ice edge at Hyrum this morning... Looks like we are back to plank and bucket weather... Matt will probably report the horror stories from the gorge this last weekend where large areas open up in the 10" ice over night... It's definitely turning into risk management time on the ice... Crazy how fast it can open up with the wrong weather conditions... I may or may not have gotten wet feet on Newton getting on and off the ice over the weekend... So good idea to take a plank with you now... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
My wife put a foot/ankle through the ice at Newton getting onto the ice yesterday, I almost went in but managed to step off as it was going down. Was more careful going back, but not as lucky, as I tried to find a solid spot and put my own foot/leg through. Shallow, near the end, but made for an uncomfortable drive back.