Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabo Marlin 1/21
My first visit back to BFT since we headed south for a warm weather get away. 

Chartered a boat out of the main marina in Cabo San Lucas, chose the full day option and glad that I did. El Budster is the name of the outfit. Left the marina at 6:30am picking up bait fish from a skiff on our way out of the Sea of Cortez. Lines were in the water and we were trolling up the pacific side by 7:20. 

We went a long way in search of the marlin. We finally spotted some tail fins coming out of the water and the crew went into chase mode. The captain would put the guy into position to toss a live bait in front of the marlin. The first few we saw just weren’t hungry. It was 11am by now and I was getting a little worried. We were scheduled to be back by 2:30 and we were a long way from the marina. 

Finally around 11:45 we found a willing participant! They handed me the rod and coached me through landing the biggest fish I’ve ever had in the line. The strength of those fish are incredible, jumping clean out of the water on several occasions before making a run that seemed would never end. 

After 35 minutes we were able to pull the fish up and snap some photos while getting a measurement before returning it to the ocean. 

94” was the length they gave me, not sure of the weight but my arms were toast by then anyway. 

[Image: 025-A2146-C097-4600-9-CAB-2166-BA92-AC0-D.jpg]

[Image: 29143-B36-CBD7-457-F-9-EEB-37033-F097-FFA.jpg]

[Image: 6-A296-FA2-6-B00-433-A-8465-0-C8-D22-FAA3-FB.jpg]
Wow, what a fish!  Congrats!
Here is video from the trip if anyone is interested.

https://youtu.be/PY-lL6Nf6k4
Nice post ! Congrats on your catch
(02-22-2021, 09:28 PM)catfishbait Wrote: Nice post ! Congrats on your catch

Thanks! It was a great time, one I hope to repeat in the future.