Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice at Utah Lake?
Last time I was there the ice in AF harbor was kind of patchy and sketchy, and Pelican Bay Marina had thick ice broken into big sections that rocked a little when you walked to the cracks between them.   That was before any of this recent snow or the slightly colder temps. 

I'm partnered up with my dad's best friend, who is 76 years old.  Can we walk on the ice either of those places?  How about Lincoln Beach?

I saw Bovineowners thread, which wasn't too encouraging, but its a week old. .
i havent been there in a couple weeks but the lake is open water, with this warm weather i doubt theres any ice even in the marinas. if you go maybe you can update us on the current conditions!
Provo boat harbor has ice but the 2 fishermen I see are on the docks.  I did just watch a guy walk across the ice however. Here's the link to the live web cam. Not sure about Lincoln or Pelican.

https://video.nest.com/embedded/live/cDr...autoplay=0
I was at AF last week and ice was between 2-4" and cloudy.  There were a few brave souls on the ice close to shore, but everything further out I would call unsafe.  There was open water INSIDE the harbor at the entrance to the lake and broken up ice further in.  Given the warm temps of the past week, I would bet things have gotten worse not better ice-wise.
Thanks, all.
(02-09-2021, 09:33 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote: Last time I was there the ice in AF harbor was kind of patchy and sketchy, and Pelican Bay Marina had thick ice broken into big sections that rocked a little when you walked to the cracks between them.   That was before any of this recent snow or the slightly colder temps. 

I'm partnered up with my dad's best friend, who is 76 years old.  Can we walk on the ice either of those places?  How about Lincoln Beach?

I saw Bovineowners thread, which wasn't too encouraging, but its a week old. .
Some Marinas have ice and some dont but there is no safe ice anywhere on the lake as far as I know...
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.