Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Need your help with Walleye.
(02-23-2021, 11:40 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 04:20 PM)Backyard Boy T.V. Wrote: LOL! It seems that walleye are a tough fish to master! Im going to fish a lot this spring and realy target them and see!? But if all else fails I can go catch 500 white bass!
  This is the correct approach, in my book, especially since I can't troll for them.   Always plenty of WB, catfish, smallmouth, and a few wipers around where the walleye live.

OK, for serious, here is one thing I have seen work, post spawn at Willard, at night. Years ago, some guys invited me out, and I didn't catch anything, but they caught several. 

They made hand-tied worm "harnesses" that used two panfish hooks, so we could string nightcrawlers full length like you do for trolling.  Ahead of the crawler were a couple of glow-in-the-dark colored plastic beads, or those small, hard foam beads. 

A big clear casting bubble about 5 feet from the crawler, next, filled up full with water (not floating), and some TINY split shots pinched on above and below that.  They were making long casts as parallel to the dike as they could, counting down a full minute, and then retrieving at a painfully slow crawl.  Like minutes per cast.  They were trying to keep the bait right at the base of the rocks and moving, but barely.

I've always meant to try that again, but dragging the bait along as I drift near the rocks in my tube. One of only two walleye I have caught came out of Holmes Creek using that same basic method.  (Not counting the 6"ers I catch in the Jordan River sometimes.)
Awesome man thanks!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by TubeDude - 02-10-2021, 07:59 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by _6x_ - 02-10-2021, 08:44 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by TubeDude - 02-10-2021, 09:44 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by MWScott72 - 02-10-2021, 09:44 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by Mildog - 02-10-2021, 10:28 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by TubeDude - 02-10-2021, 11:20 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by Therapist - 02-10-2021, 11:34 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by TubeDude - 02-10-2021, 11:49 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by Backyard Boy T.V. - 02-25-2021, 03:18 PM