Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Cat Chat 2021
3 fish from Paul already. WTG
There's Always Time For One More Cast
(03-17-2021, 02:40 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 01:43 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Hello friends. Made it through surgery and doing better than expected. Coming out of anesthetic was slow, it took me 2 hours to come out of it but I did and since I've made great strides. Ive been walking up to 1/4 mile and it's just 24 hours later. So we will we when I go home and continue to heal.

Paul that is amazing to start out like that....great job
Justin I'm glad your surgery went well and you are doing so well afterwards.  Great news. There will be plenty of time to chase cats later in the year when the fishing gets good down south.  Until then, good luck on your recovery.

Justin, great to hear you are doing  so well.  Don't force the recovery and you will be 100% soon.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(03-17-2021, 01:43 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Hello friends. Made it through surgery and doing better than expected. Coming out of anesthetic was slow, it took me 2 hours to come out of it but I did and since I've made great strides. Ive been walking up to 1/4 mile and it's just 24 hours later. So we will we when I go home and continue to heal.

Paul that is amazing to start out like that....great job
Glad it went well Justin... Guess today will be the tough one... best of luck and see you on the pond as soon as you can... take care... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Well I had hoped to get up to the BRBR after my eye doctor appt this morning.  I did finally make it, but had to wait till about 1230 for the eyes to go back to normal dilation.  
Saw John on my way in, and then about 2:30 on my way out. He did a bit better than I did. I think he landed 1 Cat. I took home a smelly black and white kitty   Confused .   But a beautiful day.  

[Image: 06-17-Mar-2021.jpg]

Cool
Yes Forest 1 cat and right after you left a nice carp donated to my baitbox

[Image: 20210317-114255.jpg]

roll one

[Image: 20210317-151101.jpg]

pick a number between 1 and 3
(03-17-2021, 10:59 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote: Yes Forest 1 cat and right after you left a nice carp donated to my baitbox

[Image: 20210317-114255.jpg]

roll one

[Image: 20210317-151101.jpg]

pick a number between 1 and 3

What a whale !!  I can't see the scale what did that beast weigh ?   

Cool
11lb 9 0z I think is what it said
Finally got on the river buttttt, it took 3 fish to equal one of Paul’s. But I’ll do better, there’s only up from here right?

Be interesting to see the top ten, I think the south may be close already.
Congrats to all the South Team members who have posted such big fish. Paul also deserves cudos for a fantastic start, but we're sure not going to let the North run away with the contest. Hopefully I'll get out there this next week.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(03-20-2021, 02:15 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Finally got on the river buttttt, it took 3 fish to equal one of Paul’s. But I’ll do better, there’s only up from here right?

Be interesting to see the top ten, I think the south may be close already.

Well, so far there are only 8 Cats posted for the north, and 6 for the south. But since week 2 of the contest starts tomorrow, I'll post the standings so far .  South took a 2.0 point lead. 

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1097538  

Cool
Not sure if math will continue to be on South side but if we could win it with quality then well good but be nice to have quantity as well... But my brain isn't thinning right right now so I may be of my rocker haha
Okay... It's been a while, and I'm not as young as I was last year! I've got a couple questions... How do I sign up for the catfishing contest? I also have a 14 year old grandson who is just starting to get into catfishing with me. Can it be a team? Can we set up his own profile name to go along with mine? Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thank You from Bigger Bait & grandson (yet to choose his name)
Justin my 3 ten inchers aren’t helping team north at all, that’s why the south is ahead with two less fish. I need to fix that but don’t know when I can get out again. Hopefully before too long, but it might be next week. Lot of stuff keeping me busy. Later Jeff

(03-23-2021, 03:12 AM)BiggerBait Wrote: Okay... It's been a while, and I'm not as young as I was last year! I've got a couple questions... How do I sign up for the catfishing contest? I also have a 14 year old grandson who is just starting to get into catfishing with me.  Can it be a team? Can we set up his own profile name to go along with mine?  Any help you can give me would be appreciated.  Thank You from Bigger Bait & grandson (yet to choose his name)
There’s another post in about the same area as this one that is the sign up post. I’ll try a link for you. Grandson is more than welcome and we’ll put him on his own so he can compete for the youth prize. Mention his age when signing up. (We don’t really do teams other than north team vs south) yes please sign him up with a profile name. Good luck and thanks for joining in the fun. Later Jeff

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1097311
[quote="SkunkedAgain" pid='1114421' dateline='1616469419']
Justin my 3 ten inchers aren’t helping team north at all, that’s why the south is ahead with two less fish. I need to fix that but don’t know when I can get out again. Hopefully before too long, but it might be next week. Lot of stuff keeping me busy. Later Jeff

Jeff that makes sense like I said my brain is mush... My father was at golf course and hit 2 balls on the range and felt funny and collapsed. They say he died as first reaper had no pulse our anything but with CPR they brought him back. He was transported from Richfield to Utah valley in Provo. Don't have any answers yet. I just can't do anything because I can only be upright for 20 minutes. Anyhow that's why I'm mush lol
Justin, sorry to hear the crazy events for you, but glad he pulled through at least so far... Hope he will be okay... and you too... I figured you were just on pain meds when I seen posts that didn't make much sense... I do that late at night when I post... Later Jeff
(03-23-2021, 12:08 PM)Mooseman75 Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 03:16 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Justin my 3 ten inchers aren’t helping team north at all, that’s why the south is ahead with two less fish. I need to fix that but don’t know when I can get out again. Hopefully before too long, but it might be next week. Lot of stuff keeping me busy. Later Jeff

Jeff that makes sense like I said my brain is mush... My father was at golf course and hit 2 balls on the range and felt funny and collapsed. They say he died as first reaper had no pulse our anything but with CPR they brought him back. He was transported from Richfield to Utah valley in Provo. Don't have any answers yet. I just can't do anything because I can only be upright for 20 minutes. Anyhow that's why I'm mush lol

Justin hope you make a full recovery with your back and that your Dad makes full recovery as well.
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
(03-23-2021, 03:43 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Justin, sorry to hear the crazy events for you, but glad he pulled through at least so far... Hope he will be okay... and you too... I figured you were just on pain meds when I seen posts that didn't make much sense... I do that late at night when I post... Later Jeff
Pain meds and late night probably didn't help lol thanks for understanding. Good news I'm about off them then I can be my normal crazy self lol. Still no word on my dad lots of tests but cardiac studies take forever to read if patient is stable... So it's a waiting game

(03-23-2021, 04:45 PM)BRL1 Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 12:08 PM)Mooseman75 Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 03:16 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Justin my 3 ten inchers aren’t helping team north at all, that’s why the south is ahead with two less fish. I need to fix that but don’t know when I can get out again. Hopefully before too long, but it might be next week. Lot of stuff keeping me busy. Later Jeff

Justin hope you make a full recovery with your back and that your Dad makes full recovery as well.
Thank you on both accounts. I will always take healing vibes and I know my dad would to! Wish you the best in your endeavors as well.
[quote pid='1114421' dateline='1616469419']
(03-23-2021, 03:12 AM)BiggerBait Wrote: Okay... It's been a while, and I'm not as young as I was last year! I've got a couple questions... How do I sign up for the catfishing contest? I also have a 14 year old grandson who is just starting to get into catfishing with me.  Can it be a team? Can we set up his own profile name to go along with mine?  Any help you can give me would be appreciated.  Thank You from Bigger Bait & grandson (yet to choose his name)
There’s another post in about the same area as this one that is the sign up post. I’ll try a link for you. Grandson is more than welcome and we’ll put him on his own so he can compete for the youth prize. Mention his age when signing up. (We don’t really do teams other than north team vs south) yes please sign him up with a profile name. Good luck and thanks for joining in the fun. Later Jeff

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1097311

Jeff, have not seen a contest join or new entry request yet. 
[/quote]

Cool
Justin, we will keep your dad and your family in our hearts and prayers. When you find the time please post an update.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(03-24-2021, 04:21 PM)catchinon Wrote: Justin, we will keep your dad and your family in our hearts and prayers. When you find the time please post an update.
I hate to set and sound like a mope. But I do have updates Dellon had an annual checkup so I went to visit my dad. As I left I called my neurosurgeon because I have had a leg progrssively getting sorer and less movement. Any visit with dad was good learned a few things. He had 3 sets of 15 chest compressions originally and most people don't done back past first set let alone second so coming back from third was a miracle. All tests have been negative so no heart attack. It's frustrating not having an answer. His head has a couple gashes where he face planted from collapsing. But he sounded ok while he chatted with me. But while we were talking I got a call from neurosurgeon telling me to go to ER asap as they though it could be a blood clot. So 4 hours in ER and ultrasound determined it wasn't a clot, but I have severe inflammation in my surgical site and right hip causing leg to lose motion and function. So all is well at the moment