Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any info on Energy Loop or Mirror Lake
I was wondering if anyone has any recent information on places around the energy loop like, Electric, Cleveland, etc.

Also, I've never hit the Mirror Lake area in the winter, but have always wanted to cruise in on the sleds and try to fish a bit. Are places like, Whitney, or other areas easily accessible to fish?

It seems harder to find info on these places, so any suggestions are welcomed.
KSL Outdoors was at Whitney this week.  They were catching a lot of fish.  Not any size to them, just like most Uintah lakes, but they were driving their sleds all over up there.  Early winter when the lakes on the mirror lake highway are the first to freeze, there are a lot of members that fish them.  You don't hear much later in the season.
(02-14-2021, 07:42 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: KSL Outdoors was at Whitney this week.  They were catching a lot of fish.  Not any size to them, just like most Uintah lakes, but they were driving their sleds all over up there.  Early winter when the lakes on the mirror lake highway are the first to freeze, there are a lot of members that fish them.  You don't hear much later in the season.
Lots of fish with no size is exactly my kind of fishing. haha
Maybe I can talk the family into trying that area next weekend.
(02-15-2021, 12:42 AM)TheOtherSide Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 07:42 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: KSL Outdoors was at Whitney this week.  They were catching a lot of fish.  Not any size to them, just like most Uintah lakes, but they were driving their sleds all over up there.  Early winter when the lakes on the mirror lake highway are the first to freeze, there are a lot of members that fish them.  You don't hear much later in the season.
If you go, make sure you bring a lone auger blade, as they almost had it to the power head before they punched through the ice.
(02-15-2021, 12:42 AM)TheOtherSide Wrote:
You MAY need an auger extension or a good shovel to dig a hole in order to drill through to water.  Find and watch this weeks episode of the KSL Outdoors show and you'll see what I'm talking about.  There has been and will be more snow since Adam was up there.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I'll have to look it up. I haven't paid for cable/TV in 7 years and do the streaming things instead.
Sounds like 2-3' of snow this week and then another storm this Friday-Saturday. Maybe it will be more of a snowmobile and explore kind of trip.
Hard to complain when we're finally getting a little snowpack.