Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle and Rockport drive by pics
No fishing today, just a drive by to see if these two lakes had ice. I took the most pics of Jordanelle, so this first group is from there, from the Ross creek road, where you can almost drive down to the ice. Since I did not check the ice there all I can say is that some of the ice looks fish-able but if you go, be careful and don't take any chances, drill as you go or carry a spud bar.
[Image: 20210214-104841.jpg]

[Image: 20210214-105003.jpg]

[Image: 20210214-105252.jpg]

[Image: 20210214-111152.jpg]

[Image: 20210214-111234.jpg]

[Image: 20210214-112010-Burst01.jpg]

These last few are Rockport
[Image: 20210214-115219-Burst01.jpg]

[Image: 20210214-115243-Burst01.jpg]

[Image: 20210214-115647-Burst01.jpg]

[Image: 20210214-115700-Burst01.jpg]
I was at Rockport today. Cold all day but not too bad.
Caught about 30 small/med perch and the few big ones hit kastmaster. Blue/silver. Silver. And the small Tubedude perch jig. Whole bunch of little bitty ones.

Boards across the gap at the ramp still solid to cross with snowdog. Don’t step off the left side of the boards leaving cuz they are slick you fall right through. Wearing waders so no big deal but I don’t think my foot hit bottom and girlfriend laughed way too hard.
Anyway. Snowdog crossed no problem with three sleds.
Not too many people out on this cold Valentine’s Day.
Maybe going back tomorrow.....
Thanks.
(02-15-2021, 12:29 AM)Zeroid Wrote: I was at Rockport today.  Cold all day but not too bad. 
Caught about 30 small/med perch and the few big ones hit kastmaster.  Blue/silver. Silver.  And the small Tubedude  perch jig.  Whole bunch of little bitty ones.

Boards across the gap at the ramp still solid to cross with snowdog.  Don’t step off the left side of the boards leaving cuz they are slick you fall right through.  Wearing waders so no big deal but I don’t think my foot hit bottom and girlfriend laughed way too hard.
Anyway. Snowdog crossed no problem with three sleds.
Not too many people out on this cold Valentine’s Day. 
Maybe going back tomorrow.....
Thanks.
Click on my second Rockport pic, it shows two people walking on the ice on the left hand side of the ramp, is that where you are talking about? The ramp ice looked like it was broken up at one point and was freezing up again, so people were getting on on the left hand side.
Yes. That is the spot. There’s three or four boards bridging the gap. I’m guessing that crossing will firm up pretty good tonight.
I saw guys walk out in the middle of the ramp, and you were right as just last night it was all broken up and open at that time. Before I could say anything they were already across..
(02-15-2021, 03:03 AM)Zeroid Wrote: Yes. That is the spot. There’s three or four boards bridging the gap.    I’m guessing that crossing will firm up pretty good tonight.
I saw guys walk out in the middle of the ramp, and you were right as just last night it was all broken up and open at that time. Before I could say anything they were already across..
I thought it looked like someone had gone across the middle of the ramp but it likely would not be strong enough for a machine to cross. That being said, it was 14 degrees when I was there, so if it stays cold, that will freeze up solid very quick.