Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to deal with slush
I am going to be taking a couple from Wales out to Strawberry next weekend and was wondering how some you deal with slush.  I would expect that with the snow this weekend it will be slushy for a while. I have a tent that is 8x8. Is it feasible to pack the snow down an fish on top. I use waders myself when its deep in the past. I want to give them a good experience without soaking and freezing them.   They will have basic snow boots but I don't think that's enough alone. they will have snow shoes to keep them on top until we get to our spot.
Yes, pack the snow down and if necessary shovel even more snow on top of the existing snow, where you are fishing.
Wales, UK or Wales, Ut?
I ask because my wife if from Wales,UK.
(02-15-2021, 10:59 PM)MrShane Wrote: Wales, UK or Wales, Ut?
I ask because my wife if from Wales,UK.
UK

(02-15-2021, 10:40 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Yes, pack the snow down and if necessary shovel even more snow on top of the existing snow, where you are fishing.
Thanks Kent.
I have even left my snowshoes on while I fished, if the slush is really bad, but it is a pain to fish while wearing snow shoes.
Ok, Stickleback and Shane, it looks like old home week for sure. I spent quite a bit of time in North Wales on my mission. I'd love to meet up with some Cymry and practice my Welsh, all three words of it.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.