Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You feel let down this valentines, but
I have exactly what you wanted. Another SCOFIELD report!!!!!

Man, what a great day to get out. It was almost like it was a day meant for someone better than myself...... like a president.

Got to Madsen at the buttcrack of 0800 and there was not another person to be seen. It was a balmy 3*, so layers were optional. The parking area is plowed, but the road to the parking area is packed snow/ice. I thought we were going to be racing a big storm, but the weather turned out to be perfect. Sun mixed with the occasional light flurry and no wind. Started snowing steady when we left at 1430.

6" of snow and areas of slush. Where we fished there was the snow, 2" of ice, slush gap, and 14" of ice. Fished in 20 fow and the fishing was fantastically hot for my favorites- lots of fish with no size. That's not exactly true as we caught Cutt's in the slot, more rainbows than usual, and even more tigers. The tigers were actually not the skinny tiny things we've caught in our other trips. Overall, the fish we caught were smaller than our usual with those few fatties to pad the score. I think we caught about 60 fish between the 4 of us..... 2 of us being under the age of 9.

The hot lure this trip was a 2" Maniac cutt'r bug in blue glow. My wife did really well with a 2" plastic where it had a half green/white grub body with single pointed tail. My daughter also caught a lot on a tube jig that had an orange body and green bottom. Fish were caught from just under the ice, on the bottom, and everywhere in between.

Oh, no chubs.......
I'd rather read a Scofield report than another political meme on Facebook- keep sharing so I stay sane Smile
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
That sounds like a fun day.  Thanks for the report.

It sounds like it's going to be fun when the ice comes off.