Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek - Again
As long as DC is the only place to float our boats we'll keep going. Wink

Three of us fished it again in our tubes/toon from the main park ramp from 9:00 until 2:30 and it was really rough.  We only managed to pick up four rainbows, from 17" to 18" and one 20" brown.  We covered a lot of water using our usual fly gear, sinking lines and bunny leeches but just couldn't seem to find many willing participants.

The water temperature was 36 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 9'.  The reservoir level is at 78% and coming up.

There were a few shore anglers, we saw a couple of fish caught from shore, and one boat with three anglers that were trolling.  When I talked with them they had caught five fish between the three of them.

The weather was perfect it's too bad the fish didn't want to play. Sleepy 

[Image: P1060848-3.jpg][Image: P1060850-3.jpg][Image: P1060852-3.jpg][Image: P1060855-3.jpg]
[Image: P1060860-3.jpg]
I was wondering if that was you yesterday when I talked to you but I thought, he is too young, LOL. Good talking to you in passing. We never caught another trout until we headed back over to the other side, before we left. Got one real nice 20" bow too, that was pushing 4 lbs.
(02-23-2021, 05:47 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I was wondering if that was you yesterday when I talked to you but I thought, he is too young, LOL. Good talking to you in passing. We never caught another trout until we headed back over to the other side, before we left. Got one real nice 20" bow too, that was pushing 4 lbs.

Hey, I finally got to meet you and didn't no it. Rolleyes

I'm glad you guys had some action.  There are some nice fish in there, it's just hard to get their attention.
(02-23-2021, 06:17 PM)gofish435 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 05:47 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I was wondering if that was you yesterday when I talked to you but I thought, he is too young, LOL. Good talking to you in passing. We never caught another trout until we headed back over to the other side, before we left. Got one real nice 20" bow too, that was pushing 4 lbs.

I'm glad you guys had some action.  There are some nice fish in there, it's just hard to get their attention.
I agree, I was impressed by several of the fish we caught. If you don't mind me asking, what was the brown caught on?
(02-23-2021, 08:15 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 06:17 PM)gofish435 Wrote:

I agree, I was impressed by several of the fish we caught. If you don't mind me asking, what was the brown caught on?

It was caught on a size 8 polar bunny.  On my last trip I caught a brown on a flesh colored rabbit leech and my buddy caught a 21 incher on an 8 energizer bunny.

[Image: P1060840-2.jpg][Image: P1060828-2.jpg]