Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation ice report
Fished Starvation last weekend through the ice on Sat  Feb. 20th We tried in the Knight hollow area. The ice averaged about 16" and solid with a couple inches of snow in most places a few spots slightly more and some small areas the snow was blown off. Easy walking on and access to ice in this area was good with no issues. A buddy I was with said he checked near the main ramp and there was a bit of water along the edge but you could step over it easily to solid ice. The area near the bridge appeared to be solid with no gaps on Sunday morning when we headed home. I did not go down and check but from the road it appeared fine.
As for the fishing if you could call if that. LOL We were on a getaway trip with our wonderful ladies, so fishing was secondary. It was super windy so we set up the tent for the girls, they "fished" without success. Two of us moved around a bit, but the windy conditions were not conducive to us wanting to relocate the tents etc. So we made a few moves and found a handful of willing 12 to 15 inch rainbows 4 total with a few other hits and misses. 20 feet seemed to be where the trout were hanging out. No perch or walleye for us. As mentioned it was not the most serious of trips and I never felt like we were in a great spot to catch much other than the trout. Mostly chose the spot for convenience and ease of access. Water appears to be rising so it could change the shore access in the near future if more water keeps pouring in, all good for now.
A good getaway and hope the ice report helps.
Mildog out
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
THANK YOU!! Good report about ice conditions, knew it would be windy.
Fishing as expected, hard.