Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATV Fish Lake
Heading up to FL for 4 days. Wondering if the lake still ATV friendly? Have not been up that since early Feb.
sounds like this last round of storms has made ATVs problematic up there. Lot's of reports of them getting stuck. You have a nice layer of snow now, with another not-so-nice layer of slush to deal with. I wouldn't recommend ATVs at this point.
I will also be at Fish Lake Friday through Sunday. We are taking our snowdog and a 4 seater razor. So I guess we will see how it goes. Good luck to you.
Was there Tuesday. Snow has compacted. No issue pulling sled. Didn't run into any slush on the north end. Saw several wheelers on south end. A handful of sleds where zipping around the lake. Don't see any issue for ATVs. Fishing was it's usual self lots of rainbows and perch on the weed edge.
(02-24-2021, 02:31 PM)taggmon54 Wrote: Heading up to FL for 4 days. Wondering if the lake still ATV friendly? Have not been up that since early Feb.
We are going to be there Friday-Sunday, planning to take ATVs. So thanks for posing the question, we were wondering the same thing. Seen some pics on from last Saturday that make me think an ATV will be ok, but I have read some post of people being stuck, so we aren't sure we if they will be used. 

I'll be the guy tin the orange pants. Come say howdy if you see us.
Well guess I will drag it along. If can be use cool if not well I'll pull my smaller sled. Koke and lake trout trip. I have enough perch in the freezer.

I just called Lakeside lodge. They said that the atv's and utv's are struggling with the 2 ft of snow they have now and some slush. Snow dogs and snowmobiles are good to go.
(02-24-2021, 03:50 PM)JBSPARKIE Wrote: I will also be at Fish Lake Friday through Sunday. We are taking our snowdog and a 4 seater razor. So I guess we will see how it goes. Good luck to you.
Would love to hear how the SnowDog does. They look perfect for ice fishing but I’m curious on their ability to handle the dreaded slush.
(02-24-2021, 11:42 PM)Troutster Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 03:50 PM)JBSPARKIE Wrote: I will also be at Fish Lake Friday through Sunday. We are taking our snowdog and a 4 seater razor. So I guess we will see how it goes. Good luck to you.
Would love to hear how the SnowDog does. They look perfect for ice fishing but I’m curious on their ability to handle the dreaded slush.
Well I have had the Dog out 14 times this year. I have hit some slush and although it works the machine harder, I have not been stuck or had any issues. I am usually pulling 4 sleds and 3 people. I have had to run along side the machine to get it going a few times with that much weight when there is slush or deeper snow. But once it gets going it chugs along just fine.