Poll: Cat contest 2021 start date 3-1-2021 yes, or 3-15-2021 no
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes = March 1st
37.50%
6 37.50%
No = March 15th
62.50%
10 62.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish Contest Early Start
I was asked about starting the contest early again after I posted about catching cats already... I figured it would be rather self serving if I was to agree to it now.  But I'm not closely involved in the ice challenge this year and between Shawn and Ron they have blown out my chances of doing much there this year, so I may be able to be talked into hanging up my final weeks of the ice challenge to start this one early if others want to do a March 1st begin date this year...  However, I do fully recognize the conflict and I'm fully prepared to wait until March 15th if that is what the majority would like to do... In fact if 2/3rd's of the voters are not in favor of the early start, we will wait until March 15th... So vote for your preference for Catfish contest starting date below...  Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
While it is always possible to pick up a big kitty before March 15, it is unlikely.  Even more unlikely that SANE anglers will even be giving it a serious try until even later.

No need to change.
(02-24-2021, 05:26 PM)TubeDude Wrote: While it is always possible to pick up a big kitty before March 15, it is unlikely.  Even more unlikely that SANE anglers will even be giving it a serious try until even later.

No need to change.
Okay, make sure you vote on the poll... That has been my usual thoughts as well... Thanks Jeff
Since I'm keeping track of both contests, I voted NO. Keep it on the 15th March.  Maybe a bit less confusing for me. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(02-24-2021, 05:26 PM)TubeDude Wrote: While it is always possible to pick up a big kitty before March 15, it is unlikely.  Even more unlikely that SANE anglers will even be giving it a serious try until even later.

No need to change.
Have you met some of these guys, I'm sure if SANE goes well with them.  Confused
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(02-24-2021, 11:45 PM)MSM1970 Wrote:

No need to change.
Have you met some of these guys, I'm sure if SANE goes well with them.  Confused
Me too either.  I resemble that remark.  Never been accused of using too much good sense.
(02-25-2021, 01:10 AM)TubeDude Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 11:45 PM)MSM1970 Wrote:

No need to change.
Me too either.  I resemble that remark.  Never been accused of using too much good sense.
Soft water sometimes ya just gotta doit.[Image: snow.jpg] I'm sure not claiming to have enough,  wind forecast looks like sunday.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Mike, I love that shot. We waited until April 2 last year to head out for cats. Air temperature was 23° when we got there. Both ice_sled and I caught 29.5"ers.

Jeff, what would it really hurt to start the contest on the first? We only changed to the 15th last year. And the ice contest used to last until March 31 a few years ago. Personally, I don't really care but I'd like to see Mooseman get a shot at getting some fish on the board before he has to have surgery.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Looks like the results are the 15th so that big pole cat (skunk) I caught last night won't won't count... Should give us a couple weeks to get ready for the summer season... Hoping I can figure out the cat migration pattern this year... Other day they were in the deep river, by the time the ice comes off the back sloughs they will start to come into there... Maybe some are there now, I just haven't tried through the rotting ice... Guess I ought to if I could stay on top... Later Jeff