Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard ice?
Temps are forecast to be in the 50s next week, and I am squirming in my seat to get my new boat wet. Can anyone provide a drive-by report on the ice at Willard? It's usually the first to open up.
I went to the south marina last Friday you could lunch from the north ramp and it looked like a little bit of ice still out by the light pole but open water every where else. Sorry I deleted the pictures all ready
I answered my own question. Was out on an errand and decided to do my own drive-by.

Willard is 99% free of ice, with only a narrow shelf in the extreme SW corner, as near as I could tell. I didn't go into either marina, but have no doubt they are open. With sun and warm forecast for next week, it looks like my maiden voyage is nigh.
(02-25-2021, 07:01 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I answered my own question. Was out on an errand and decided to do my own drive-by.

Willard is 99% free of ice, with only a narrow shelf in the extreme SW corner, as near as I could tell. I didn't go into either marina, but have no doubt they are open. With sun and warm forecast for next week, it looks like my maiden voyage is nigh.
Bub man beat you with the answer Rocky. I was just up there this morning too, noticed the same thing you and Bub man saw, looks like it's time to get my boat out. By the way, stopped by that Willard North pond, it's still filling but it's almost to the berm they built by the beach, here is a pic.

[Image: Willard-North-pond.jpg]
I deeply appreciated bub man's kind reply, but his info was almost a week old. Besides, it was sunny, and I hadn't used my car in almost two weeks. It needed a run.
(02-26-2021, 12:45 AM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I deeply appreciated bub man's kind reply, but his info was almost a week old. Besides, it was sunny, and I hadn't used my car in almost two weeks. It needed a run.
I agree, that was one of the reasons I drove up there too and while I was in the area I stopped by the Maverik at the exit to Brigham and filled up my tank. Not sure why but gas there was 24 cent a gallon cheaper than anywhere else.
(02-26-2021, 01:50 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 12:45 AM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I deeply appreciated bub man's kind reply, but his info was almost a week old. Besides, it was sunny, and I hadn't used my car in almost two weeks. It needed a run.
I agree, that was one of the reasons I drove up there too and while I was in the area I stopped by the Maverik at the exit to Brigham and filled up my tank. Not sure why but gas there was 24 cent a gallon cheaper than anywhere else.
State fuel tax includes a state sales tax.  The Box Elder county sales tax rate is 6.65% vs Weber at 7.25%.  State tax also has use & excise components that might vary by county as well, but I couldn't find a breakdown of those.  I always try to fill up at the Brigham City exit Maverick on all trips north and return as well to take advantage of that lower price.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(02-26-2021, 02:48 PM)dubob Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 01:50 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
State fuel tax includes a state sales tax.  The Box Elder county sales tax rate is 6.65% vs Weber at 7.25%.  State tax also has use & excise components that might vary by county as well, but I couldn't find a breakdown of those.  I always try to fill up at the Brigham City exit Maverick on all trips north and return as well to take advantage of that lower price.
The only other place as cheap or cheaper is Costco but they don't have unleaded plus Sad.
This is a photo taken Dec. 23 showing some of the structure that was created. Plastic brush, culverts, barriers, and rock piles will create a great habitat. It would have been nice if Willard Bay had an area like this when it was created, but it's not too late.

[Image: Willard-pond.jpg]
Good fishing to all.   Hue