Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 2/27
I had another solo day and made a quick trip back to, Rockport. The roads were an absolute mess once you hit parleys and it snowed off and on while on the reservoir. It's a little embarrassing, but I had to chase my tent down for the first time after a big wind gust as I was cleaning up to leave. Nobody saw it, so I'm good.
I fished in 25-45 fow and caught fish in all places. I moved deeper as the day got longer, but it pretty much died at 1130. Overall, fishing was slower and consisted of much smaller fish. All fish caught were perch. All fish were 8-9" with a solo 11". My most productive lure by far was again the 13fishing paralyzer and a perch eye.
I think I only had a couple fish with eggs. This was also a big difference from last, Tuesday.
Less fish and less fish with eggs.
edges still holding up?
(02-28-2021, 05:39 PM)wyoguy Wrote: edges still holding up?
Yeah, but I don't think I'll be planning to go back. Gonna be 60* in the valley by this weekend.
Thanks. I might try it one more time, hitting the more shaded side of one lake or another.

Sounds like maybe the females are too full of eggs to eat, maybe.
Perch spawn under the ice, so the spawn may be in full swing right now with the warming trend. To check, when you catch a male, or what you think is a male, gently squeeze the belly to see if milt is expressed. If so, the females are busy laying eggs !!