Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek
We are getting tired of fishing DC but it's the only soft water around.  We were going to hit Jordanelle but the weekends cold temperatures iced up the PWC ramp again.  It probably opened back up in the afternoon but that was too late for us.

We launched at the main ramp on DC about 9:00 and fished until about 2:30.  There were three of us fishing flies on sinking lines.  We used size 8 bunny leeches in light colors, both with and without bead heads.  We only managed to pick up five rainbows, from 14" to 19" and one 19" brown.  We had a few other fish on but not for long.

The water temperature was 37 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 8' - 9'.  The reservoir is 78% full and coming up.

There were a couple of boats and one party barge on the water besides the three of us and a handful of bank anglers.

We got to watch a few deer on the hill side along with a couple of bald eagles and a Great Blue Herron so we were entertained even if the fishing did suck. Sad   We are blaming it on the full moon. Tongue 

Attached Files Image(s)

Jordanelle was still froze at 3PM when I drove by.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Beautiful pics beautiful mirror image on the glass beautiful day and most of all beautiful fish. I'm ready for spring fever.  Big Grin  
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(03-02-2021, 01:11 PM)Bduck Wrote: Beautiful pics beautiful mirror image on the glass beautiful day and most of all beautiful fish. I'm ready for spring fever.  Big Grin  

Thanks.

I'm ready for spring too so we can fish a little closer to home.  I hate to drive longer than I fish. Big Grin
Great report and pics, looks like you guys did better this week or was it just you that better?
(03-02-2021, 06:07 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great report and pics, looks like you guys did better this week or was it just you that better?

Thanks, Curt.

We really didn't do any better but at least each of us were able to pick up two fish.