Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek a state park again?
Looks like they might be putting some money toward making Lost Creek a state park again.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50117519/bil...-committee
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
That would be great news for Lost Creek to once again be a state park.

Sportsman would be able to access the upper portion of the reservoir after years of being locked out. 
I'd like to see that. I just hope if it is re-established as a state park, that a courtesy dock is installed at the ramp and the NO WAKE regulation is KEPT . 
I would make the trip up there more often. It's a nice place to get on quiet water in the heat of the summer. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I joined the Friends of Utah State Parks organization last summer to keep up with what is happening in our State Parks.  I'm very disappointed in that organization in that I have never received as much as 1 email from them about anything to do with State Parks.  This is the first I've heard about this information on Lost Creek.  I would be 100% in favor of it, especially if it would get some curtesy docks put in at the launch ramp.  I would also be 100% in favor of keeping it wakeless.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I would not be opposed if they can improve the boat ramp, install some courtesy docks, but keep it wakeless.  I like that reservoir.
(03-03-2021, 04:44 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: I would not be opposed if they can improve the boat ramp, install some courtesy docks, but keep it wakeless.  I like that reservoir.

The DWR Habitat Council and Blue Ribbon have a proposed project to widen the existing boat ramp from 20' wide to 50' wide.  There are also some proposed projects to replace some of the restrooms up there.  I don't know if a courtesy dock would be included at this time.
(03-03-2021, 04:51 PM)gofish435 Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 04:44 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: I would not be opposed if they can improve the boat ramp, install some courtesy docks, but keep it wakeless.  I like that reservoir.

The DWR Habitat Council and Blue Ribbon have a proposed project to widen the existing boat ramp from 20' wide to 50' wide.  There are also some proposed projects to replace some of the restrooms up there.  I don't know if a courtesy dock would be included at this time.
That would be great.  That ramp is pretty narrow and there isn't a straight shot to back up either.  Replacing that single vault toilet at the parking lot would be nice too.   It gets pretty nasty late in the summer.
(03-03-2021, 04:51 PM)gofish435 Wrote: The DWR Habitat Council and Blue Ribbon have a proposed project to widen the existing boat ramp from 20' wide to 50' wide.  There are also some proposed projects to replace some of the restrooms up there.  I don't know if a courtesy dock would be included at this time.
That would be awesome, from 20' to 50' would make a huge difference, maybe they could redesign the corner, so it's more of a straight shot. Hard to imagine they would widen the ramp that much and not put at least a wedge dock in but I've never had a problem getting on from the shore. The shore is steep off to the R/H side of the ramp about 30 to 40 yds.
I can foresee a problem ....  if these improvements are actually started, how many fishing seasons will it take to finish them ? 
Any rework of the ramp, ie; widening, straightening, etc. is gonna take lots of big equipment and time. 
I doubt the state can do all that without closing the ramp for an extended period. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
There was another article today that the bill is making progress.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
It sounds like HB257 passed today creating the two new State Parks. Smile
I too would be in favor of a state park. I use to drive to the upper end and camp. Wakeless, bigger boat ramp, courtesy docks, improved restrooms all sounds good but will it happen. When the state took over Echo it didn't take long for improvements to begin. Unfortunately it takes time but if it happens it should be well worth making this into a fine blue ribbon fishery. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
If I had to wait a bit for the new construction to be finished , I would be alright with that . knowing that it will be better in the long run will be worth the wait. This has been a long time coming. 
The House and Senate signed the bill yesterday.  Now it will go to the Governor for his signature.  The following information is a quote from the bill itself:

Quote:Section 3. [b]Appropriation.[/b]
66          The following sums of money are appropriated for the fiscal year beginning July 1,
67     2021, and ending June 30, 2022. These are additions to amounts previously appropriated for
68     fiscal year 2022. Under the terms and conditions of Title 63J, Chapter 1, Budgetary Procedures
69     Act, the Legislature appropriates the following sums of money from the funds or accounts
70     indicated for the use and support of the government of the state of Utah.
71     ITEM 1
72          To Department of Natural Resources - Division of Parks Capital
73               From General Fund, One-time
$36,500,000

74               Schedule of Programs:
75                    Renovation and Development          $36,500,000
76          Under Section 63J-1-603, the Legislature intends that appropriations provided under
77     this item not lapse at the close of fiscal year 2022. The use of any nonlapsing funds is limited
78     to the development of Utahraptor State Park and Lost Creek State Park. The Legislature intends
79     that up to $7,500,000 be used to acquire land in the Dalton Wells area for inclusion in
80     Utahraptor State Park.
There will be some negotiations between the Feds (Reclamation) and the State to add Lost Creek to the Reclamation lands under control by the State.  Also, there will be design plans drawn up to specify the new configuration of the Lost Creek property.   I would guess that a completion date for everything needed at Lost Creek will take 3 to 5 years.  The money to start doesn't become available until July 1, 2021.  Since Lost Creek will become a full blown park to include a camp ground, I will be very surprised if a courtesy dock isn't part of the boat launch upgrade plans.    
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."