Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum 3.1.21
After a couple days of cold temps I thought I'd try to get the kids and father in law out on Hyrum for one last day of Hyrum Perch fishing for the season.  Hauled my ATV up hoping we'd be able to get it back on the ice again with all the gear I had to pull to keep the kids and their Grandpa comfortable.   Had no problems getting our selves, all our gear and ATV onto the ice.  Although the fishing wasn't  as good as it had been on previous trips we still had a great day.  The kids caught plenty of good fat Perch and a couple of bonus Rainbows one of which we let back.  The weather was perfect for kids but will likely spell the end of the season for me at Hyrum.
[Image: 818.jpg]
It looks like you couldn't have had better weather to end you season on.

Thanks for the report and Pics.
Great report, good to read that ATV's could still access the ice, as of Monday. Did you get on the ice at the ramp or another location?
(03-03-2021, 02:34 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great report, good to read that ATV's could still access the ice, as of Monday. Did you get on the ice at the ramp or another location?

We accessed the ice right at the ram .  The ice was actually good enough in the morning to put my trailer on the ice to unload the ATV.  Getting off the edges had softened considerably but I was still able to drive the ATV off the ice.  Just the last foot or so was shallow water.