Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Successful Weber Trip.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/fU-C6rSePTU

Went back to the weber and caught some nice fish! We have had little success fly fishing but do really well with spinning gear.

Gold Spinners is the only lure we cane catch fish on. No other lure in any color will work! Cast into deep pools with spinners size 2+ (so that you can fish slower and deeper) and wait for one to CLOBBER IT! They are SLAMMING lures right now. A 15 inch fish will feel like a 20 inch fish! Its INSANE! 

You also might catch a small cutthroat trout or the elusive "Blue head sucker"  Big Grin Nah Just kidding! Well, not entirely, it is possible...

Have a great day everyone!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
If you keep telling your Dad "fish on" you are going to find him muscling into your spot....,Smile
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(03-03-2021, 07:58 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: If you keep telling your Dad "fish on" you are going to find him muscling into your spot....,Smile
LOL! I had to rub it in one way or another!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
WTG dude....I heard on your video that you are into catch and release? Few tips for ya...pinch all your barbs down on your trebles (if you haven't already), and net the fish in the water rather than dragging it on the bank. Keep up the good work...I grew up fishing that stretch at your age (lived in Farmington) and have caught my PB brown there numerous times over. Love the videos!
I used to fish The Weber between Rockport and Echo at least once a week during Spring to the end of Fall. I used a short 4.5 foot pole because I could be very accurate with my casts. I always cast up stream using either a Panther Martin or a Rapala. I used a fast retrieve reel to get movement when going with the current. I would get most strikes when the lure barely hit the water or when the lure started to turn with the current to the side of the river I was on. My biggest browns would almost always occur when it was almost dark. Thet's when the big goys come out to feed. The largest that I landed was 25 inches but I've had bigger ones jump out of the water and break my line. Almost all of the bigger browns were caught using a Rapala. Big fish like big meals. All of the bigger Browns I caught I was using a 5 inch long Rapala.
(03-05-2021, 03:28 AM)lovetofish Wrote: I used to fish The Weber between Rockport and Echo at least once a week during Spring to the end of Fall. I used a short 4.5 foot pole because I could be very accurate with my casts. I always cast up stream using either a Panther Martin or a Rapala.  I used  a fast retrieve reel to get movement when going with the current. I would get most strikes when the lure barely hit the water or when the lure started to turn with the current to the side of the river I was on. My biggest browns would almost always occur when it was almost dark. Thet's when the big goys come out to feed. The largest that I landed was 25 inches but I've had bigger ones jump out of the water and break my line. Almost all of the bigger browns were caught using a Rapala. Big fish like big meals. All of the bigger Browns I caught I was using a 5 inch long Rapala.
I have tried a rapala here but havent had much luck with it!? So IDK but thanks for the tips!