Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AquaVu Footage 2-10 at Strawberry
This Christmas I purchased an AquaVu HD10iPro and it has been a whole new experience for ice fishing.  After a few trips with it I went to the university of YouTube and got the necessary equipment to record from the AquaVu.  I hopefully have attached a video of a solo trip I took on February 10 to Strawberry in which I had some pretty decent success.  If I'm able to get this to work please remember I am a beginner at video editing.  Not quite up to the video's that CowboyPirate produces but something I'm striving for.  The video is kinda lengthy but over 5 hours of footage down to a half hour I think is pretty good.  Anywho check it out and please feel free to give me any constructive criticism that can help me improve.  Thanks a bunch!!!!

https://youtu.be/niTrKanydNE
(03-03-2021, 09:11 PM)knottyhookr Wrote: This Christmas I purchased an AquaVu HD10iPro and it has been a whole new experience for ice fishing.  After a few trips with it I went to the university of YouTube and got the necessary equipment to record from the AquaVu.  I hopefully have attached a video of a solo trip I took on February 10 to Strawberry in which I had some pretty decent success.  If I'm able to get this to work please remember I am a beginner at video editing.  Not quite up to the video's that CowboyPirate produces but something I'm striving for.  The video is kinda lengthy but over 5 hours of footage down to a half hour I think is pretty good.  Anywho check it out and please feel free to give me any constructive criticism that can help me improve.  Thanks a bunch!!!!

https://youtu.be/LKJXUT33bnw
I could not get your video to work, it says something about it being private and needing to sign in.
(03-03-2021, 09:33 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 09:11 PM)knottyhookr Wrote: This Christmas I purchased an AquaVu HD10iPro and it has been a whole new experience for ice fishing.  After a few trips with it I went to the university of YouTube and got the necessary equipment to record from the AquaVu.  I hopefully have attached a video of a solo trip I took on February 10 to Strawberry in which I had some pretty decent success.  If I'm able to get this to work please remember I am a beginner at video editing.  Not quite up to the video's that CowboyPirate produces but something I'm striving for.  The video is kinda lengthy but over 5 hours of footage down to a half hour I think is pretty good.  Anywho check it out and please feel free to give me any constructive criticism that can help me improve.  Thanks a bunch!!!!

I could not get your video to work, it says something about it being private and needing to sign in.
Same!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
(03-03-2021, 09:44 PM)Backyard Boy T.V. Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 09:33 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Same!
OK I'm still new to this stuff.  Let me see what's going on.   Hahahaha!
Don't log in, just copy the link without logging in.
(03-03-2021, 10:40 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Don't log in, just copy the link without logging in.
OK, had a little issue with YouTube and hopefully that is resolved.  Let's try this new link and see what happens.

https://youtu.be/LLKJXUT33bnwztill cant view it. Says private
(03-03-2021, 11:50 PM)fish_fear_me2 Wrote:

https://youtu.be/LLKJXUT33bnwztill cant view it. Says private
Try the new link.  I posted it a little lower in the thread.
1st link worked for me, fun video watching them mill around and then finally it will commit
(03-04-2021, 12:17 AM)2knots Wrote: 1st link worked for me, fun video watching them mill around and then finally it will commit
Thanks! I edited the first post with the new link. It's pretty neat to see how they behave. I'm starting to get a feel for the ones that'll bite just by the way they swim around. I've seen a lot that appear to be out for a Sunday swim. The aqua vu has made the fishing a little more entertaining.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for posting! This is super interesting!!! I always love seeing fish behavior. Crazy how often they are swimming up to the lure and refusing only to come back and eat!

Definitely keep posting Smile I'll look at all of them. If you could do it at Deer Creek and Starvation that would be great
(03-04-2021, 12:31 AM)knottyhookr Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 12:17 AM)2knots Wrote: 1st link worked for me, fun video watching them mill around and then finally it will commit
Thanks! I edited the first post with the new link. It's pretty neat to see how they behave. I'm starting to get a feel for the ones that'll bite just by the way they swim around. I've seen a lot that appear to be out for a Sunday swim. The aqua vu has made the fishing a little more entertaining.
After fishing with Jeff and seeing his in action and your video I’m sure I’ll be adding one to the mix for next season, also need to get my weight load for hauling out on the ice close to Jeff’s lol
Enjoyed your video. At times it seemed like your lure didn't have a hook as many times that the fish ate it and spit it out. Made for some really good footage. Hope to see more.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
(03-04-2021, 06:02 PM)BURLEY Wrote: Enjoyed your video. At times it seemed like your lure didn't have a hook as many times that the fish ate it and spit it out. Made for some really good footage. Hope to see more.
Haha..... There's an explanation for that. I forgot my snacks in the truck so I stepped out and took the snow dog back to the truck to get the snacks. This is the white tube jig fish. Later on that afternoon I stepped out to use the restroom and look around and the fish came in it looks like right as I left. That was on the pink lure and I did catch that one.
Fish are sneaky. That usually happens to me when my hands are full of food and drink or my back is turned. Did you use meat or attractant on you lures?
Good fishing to all.   Hue
(03-04-2021, 06:42 PM)knottyhookr Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 06:02 PM)BURLEY Wrote: Enjoyed your video. At times it seemed like your lure didn't have a hook as many times that the fish ate it and spit it out. Made for some really good footage. Hope to see more.
Haha..... There's an explanation for that. I forgot my snacks in the truck so I stepped out and took the snow dog back to the truck to get the snacks. This is the white tube jig fish. Later on that afternoon I stepped out to use the restroom and look around and the fish came in it looks like right as I left. That was on the pink lure and I did catch that one.
How far away was your camera hole from your jigging hole... That must be pretty clear water, fun I should have used mine last week... I took it, but was too lazy to set it up... Guess I've used it mostly for perch, but this looks like fun with the trout too... Thanks for the video... Later Jeff.
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-04-2021, 07:11 PM)BURLEY Wrote: Fish are sneaky. That usually happens to me when my hands are full of food and drink or my back is turned. Did you use meat or attractant on you lures?
I use a mealworm or dirt worm for meat and this trip I tried bloody tuna anise for some scent.

(03-04-2021, 07:19 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: How far away was your camera hole from your jigging hole... That must be pretty clear water, fun I should have used mine last week... I took it, but was too lazy to set it up... Guess I've used it mostly for perch, but this looks like fun with the trout too... Thanks for the video... Later Jeff.
We put the camera at the back of the tent maybe 6-8 ft. I usually only go about 25 ft down or higher which when it's sunny outside I get the color picture. It's been a whole new experience to see the fish at your lure rather than just the mark on the 2D fish finder. Gives you a better perspective on how far away the marks in the cone can really be from your lure. Thanks for the reply.

We also got us an aquview camera with big plans for fun new ice fishing videos this year. Did not work out as we had to wrestle with some health issues, but we sure enjoyed your footage. Can't wait to try ours out. Txs for sharing
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I've been using an AquaView for years, I love it! I always find it extremely interesting to actually see whats going on down there. It's amazing to me that sometimes a fish can totally take the whole lure, and spit it out...and the strike indicator never even budges! Thanks for the footage!
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.