Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Edges At Pineview
Hi Everyone.  I am planning on taking the kids for one final perch jerk up at Pineview tomorrow.  With this warmer weather, does any one have any idea on how the edges are?
I was there on Wednesday afternoon. Edges were solid to the shore in the Narrows. Surprised there was no slush. Very nice day to be out. Thinking of going again tomorrow but also concerned that conditions may have changed a lot.
I was there yesterday.  The edges are 98% solid with just a bit of water sitting on top of the edge for about a foot or so at the Port Ramp.  I drove on and off with my SnowDog with absolutely no problems.  I did not see another person on the ice who was fishing.  There were 3 cross-country skiers on the ice mid-day.  I was the only person fishing on the ice all day from 7:30 AM until 2:30 PM.  The ice itself was 15" to 18" thick in all 10 locations I drill holes.  Pineview will have fishable ice for at least 2 more weeks IMHO.

The night time temps for Huntsville will be at or below freezing for 5 of the next 10 days.  And for your further pleasure, Mantua will also have night time temps at or below freezing for 7 out the next 10 days.  Neither of these waters are likely to have massive rises in water levels in the next couple of weeks, so I'm planning on ice fishing for at least the next 2 weeks.   Heart

I have my fingers crossed that the water folks will continue to pass the Weber River water straight through Rockport to fill Echo.  this should hold the edges at Rockport solid for a couple more weeks as well.  I'll put the boat back together the first part of April and start hitting Jordanelle for some early season kokanee.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(03-05-2021, 07:40 PM)dubob Wrote: I was there yesterday.  The edges are 98% solid with just a bit of water sitting on top of the edge for about a foot or so at the Port Ramp.  I drove on and off with my SnowDog with absolutely no problems.  I did not see another person on the ice who was fishing.  There were 3 cross-country skiers on the ice mid-day.  I was the only person fishing on the ice all day from 7:30 AM until 2:30 PM.  The ice itself was 15" to 18" thick in all 10 locations I drill holes.  Pineview will have fishable ice for at least 2 more weeks IMHO.

The night time temps for Huntsville will be at or below freezing for 5 of the next 10 days.  And for your further pleasure, Mantua will also have night time temps at or below freezing for 7 out the next 10 days.  Neither of these waters are likely to have massive rises in water levels in the next couple of weeks, so I'm planning on ice fishing for at least the next 2 weeks.   Heart

I have my fingers crossed that the water folks will continue to pass the Weber River water straight through Rockport to fill Echo.  this should hold the edges at Rockport solid for a couple more weeks as well.  I'll put the boat back together the first part of April and start hitting Jordanelle for some early season kokanee.   Big Grin
Thank you for your report.
Fished the narrows last night (Friday), edges were solid no slush. The fishing however was much slower than I’ve seen all winter. Maybe I should have moved around more. Still caught 20 standard size crappie but they weren’t stacked up like they usually are.