Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent Strawberry reports
Looking at taking my 2 sons to Strawberry on Thursday. Before I drop $120 on the snowmobile shuttle wondering if the fishing is still good. I fished Renegade Flats in 60 ft of water 2 weeks ago and it was pretty good.  Anyone have a current report or suggestions? Thanks
I was over on the soldier creek side this morning. Fish were active until about 9am, then the bite slowed significantly.
Unless this year is different than every other year, the fish are active, at Strawberry, all the way through ice season.
(03-07-2021, 06:49 AM)dumb_bass Wrote: I was over on the soldier creek side this morning.  Fish were active until about 9am, then the bite slowed significantly.
Thanks for the report. That’s what I was afraid of. I won’t get on the lake until 8:30 or 9:00 with the shuttle.  I’ve been fishing a small res in Idaho and it went from a 25 fish day in Dec to 4 in seven hours of fishing 2 weeks ago.  I haven’t fished Strawberry enough to know how it changes over the winter.

(03-07-2021, 02:43 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Unless this year is different than every other year, the fish are active, at Strawberry, all the way through ice season.

Great, I’m an optimist! All I need is one report saying it could be good. 
Thank you.
Our group of 6 caught 39 fish at the ladders side yesterday. We fished from 830ish to 1230 and had a mix of cutts and rainbows.  Great day to be out. Good luck when you go out.
(03-07-2021, 04:30 AM)Troutster Wrote: Looking at taking my 2 sons to Strawberry on Thursday. Before I drop $120 on the snowmobile shuttle wondering if the fishing is still good. I fished Renegade Flats in 60 ft of water 2 weeks ago and it was pretty good.  Anyone have a current report or suggestions? Thanks

I was with a group of 9 people on Saturday. We averaged 11 fish per person and had a great time. It’s amazing how one spot does better than an other only 15 yards away. ?‍♂️ Its worth giving it a try. Also having a Flasher or Fishfinder is a game changer. For every 2 fish caught without electronics 10 were caught with. Good luck.
Thanks for the reports, going to go on Thursday. I have a Marcum so we’ll be good that way. I’ll post a report. If I stink it up I may just cower in shame and change my posting name so no one knows how bad a fisherman I am! Last time I caught half my fish using what I saw on KSL. A glowing dodger 3 feet above my jig. Worked quite well but didn’t love all that weight on my line. I prefer just a tube jig or a skutter bug. If they’re finicky, I like the Bobby Garland glo itty bit swimr on a tungsten jig head.