Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kayak Fishing in Utah- New Kayak Fisherman
Hello all, I recently acquired a Vibe Seaghost 110, and all I have is a paddle and the Kayak which comes with a rudder and a seat. I have rods holders on the way, I will buy an anchor and rope at some point, and I am looking at buying a Garmin Striker 4cv plus fish finder. Are there any tips you experienced kayakers have for a beginner? I am looking to get big into the kayaking game, trolling for trout in the northern Utah Lakes, fishing willard for wiper, walleye, and channels, the Bear River, Cutler Reservoir, Utah Lake for channels, walleye, and bass, and fishing newton and Pineview for musky and bass.
You'll want a place to hold your landing net... and non-fished poles as well... before you buy too much, try it and see what you need... Sometimes I've bought or built stuff for my pontoon and after I tried it, i was wondering what I was thinking to buy it... I'm not familiar with the model you bought, but I hope you have a capability of putting an electric motor on it... or peddles so you can free up your arms from paddling to fish instead... the oars on my pontoon are mostly just for landing anymore, i rarely use them on the water while I'm fishing... if I'm not using the motor, I'm kicking with my fins to position the craft... That is the beauty of the kayaks and tubes is being able to have such easy control of position and ability to fish just the way you want to.. It really opens a fun dimension to fishing... I think you'll love it... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Practice, practice, practice, before you get on any 'big water'....and always think safety first.....P.M. sent...Enjoy...