Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge 3/8/21
Had a great day on the Gorge today.  Launched at Lucerne, headed north to find the ice line just south of the pipeline. We trolled the main channel for kokanee and caught 9 before we were blown off at 10.  Pink/Purple micro hoochies trolled slow....1.2-1.4mph.  Fish were very healthy and I am excited for what the year brings.
nice. I'm hoping to get up there pretty soon.
Thanks for the report... I'm surprised the ice is still that far south... Nice to hear the koke are doing well... too bad about the wind, but that seems to be the risk on that pond... glad you got the fish before being blown out... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
you did good about 30 days ago the kokanee where hard to find and the ice line was at the pipe line then.  was hoping it would start moving north.
(03-09-2021, 02:47 AM)FishwithKids Wrote: Had a great day on the Gorge today.  Launched at Lucerne, headed north to find the ice line just south of the pipeline. We trolled the main channel for kokanee and caught 9 before we were blown off at 10.  Pink/Purple micro hoochies trolled slow....1.2-1.4mph.  Fish were very healthy and I am excited for what the year brings.
Thanks for the report...I am going in a week.
(03-09-2021, 02:47 AM)FishwithKids Wrote: Had a great day on the Gorge today.  Launched at Lucerne, headed north to find the ice line just south of the pipeline. We trolled the main channel for kokanee and caught 9 before we were blown off at 10.  Pink/Purple micro hoochies trolled slow....1.2-1.4mph.  Fish were very healthy and I am excited for what the year brings.

We were up there on that Sunday.  Launched at Lucerne fairly early, 7:30ish.  There had been a few boats already launch so the ramp was super slick.  When launching our boat the last 6ft or so was just sliding on the ice.  What a pucker moment!!!!  I was hoping it wasn't one of those ramp moments having to drive the truck doors deep out of the lake.  Thank goodness all went well.  We headed towards the pipeline too and found the ice.  Trolled around dodging icebergs and only managed 3 kokes.  I agree with you they liked it really slow and all were caught above 20 FOW.  Can't wait to get back up in a bit warmer conditions.
(03-10-2021, 04:11 PM)knottyhookr Wrote:

We were up there on that Sunday.  Launched at Lucerne fairly early, 7:30ish.  There had been a few boats already launch so the ramp was super slick.  When launching our boat the last 6ft or so was just sliding on the ice.  What a pucker moment!!!!  I was hoping it wasn't one of those ramp moments having to drive the truck doors deep out of the lake.  Thank goodness all went well.  We headed towards the pipeline too and found the ice.  Trolled around dodging icebergs and only managed 3 kokes.  I agree with you they liked it really slow and all were caught above 20 FOW.  Can't wait to get back up in a bit warmer conditions.
Keep us posted!