Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 3-11-21 On Ice
Hey All,
Bob asked me to pass on the current ice conditions. He’s out in the middle on 14” of ice, said the edges are golden, meaning safe and easy on and off. Said ice looks good and he was lonely and wanted some company. Well he may not have said that but wanted to let others looking to still ice fish a little more know that Mantua is still fishable. Thanks Bob and good luck today!!!! Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-11-2021, 04:54 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey All,
Bob asked me to pass on the current ice conditions. He’s out in the middle on 14” of ice, said the edges are golden, meaning safe and easy on and off. Said ice looks good and he was lonely and wanted some company. Well he may not have said that but wanted to let others looking to still ice fish a little more know that Mantua is still fishable. Thanks Bob and good luck today!!!! Later Jeff
Caught 16 total between the 2 of us to include trout, perch, and gills.  The 2 trout were invited home to dinner.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Thanks to Bob’s info , went out to Mantua today 3/12 . Just like Bob said no water on the edges 12-14” ice . I was on foot and only could stay for a short time, First time on the ice there and did not go out to far from the boat ramp . But hey it was solid hard water . I plan to go back tomorrow or Sunday and put in some more time . I have never had good luck at Mantua even when I had my boat.