Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First trip to Willard 2021
Weather forecast was reasonable for today. Air temp was 47 water temp 44 at 1140 a.m. launch, wind very calm, beautiful clear blue skies.  Needed to do a float and leak test on the Tin-Can. Well, it floated just fine. All parts of the boat functioned perfectly.  
Even got a couple WB cookie cutter cats in the boat.   Lots of fun, did the CPR thing. Wind came up a bit stiff about 2 P.M. so called it a day. 

[Image: 02-14-Mar-2021-south.jpg]     [Image: 03.jpg]   [Image: 04-14-Mar-21-Cat-1-CPR.jpg]  [Image: 05-14-Mar-21-Cat-2-CPR.jpg]

Met another BFT'er at the dock on departure. Didn't get his name, but he was floating a older Sylvan 16 footer that he had totally redone the interior.  Sir, that is one darn good looking boat interior   Big Grin . 

I did get some water in the bilge while on the lake. Totally expected. Pumped and drained bilge on pull out.  Checked the dry box re-seal job when I got it back to the storage unit.  All dry in the box...........YAY   Smile  .

"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Which dock?? Any people on the river?
Sounds like a great day for an on the water check out with a couple of cats to boot
Great start Forest. That will get our Northern blood pumping for the start of the contest.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Forrest way to start the year off. You also found out that hopefully your fix on your dry box worked which I hope it remains that way. I know you put the time in and with retirement and all and I believe you said you were going to be gone for a trip but I wish the best for you this year.
(03-15-2021, 11:32 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Forrest way to start the year off. You also found out that hopefully your fix on your dry box worked which I hope it remains that way. I know you put the time in and with retirement and all and I believe you said you were going to be gone for a trip but I wish the best for you this year.

Thanks.  Still getting water in the bilge, probably thru a few loose rivets, but not an amount to cause me worry, and bilge pump takes care of it quickly. But the membrane I lined the dry box with seems to be keeping the water isolated to area of hull bottom away from the bottom of the dry box.   

Have been hoping to take a road trip to Tennessee to see my 2 youngest grand kids. Not sure if that is gonna work out. 

Hope your back surgery goes well and you recover quickly.

(03-15-2021, 02:20 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Great start Forest. That will get our Northern blood pumping for the start of the contest.

Well, 'cause it was still 1 day before the contest start, I didn't bother measuring the 2 cats yesterday.  Sure wish the cleaning station was open. I would have liked to fillet those 2 Cats for my dinner.  But I really hate cleaning fish at home.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool