Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been MIA, but Spring Break?
Between work and work to be done at home, we packed up the ice stuff a little early. Planning on a big spring break trip down to Powell and have been prepping the boat this weekend. Due to Covid and other unforeseen circumstances, we didn't get the boat out a single time last year.
What is everyone else doing?
We'll be fishing and hunting dinosaur tracks (There are a ton) out of Bullfrog this next week with the lake at the perfect level. No houseboat this trip. We'll be up in Ticaboo.
I used my boat plenty last year and plan full use this year with at least 2 trips a week.  Heading to the Gorge in June & July and have scheduled a Sitka, Alaska 3-day fishing adventure in August.  COVID restrictions put a minor adjustment in my outdoor adventures, but certainly didn't stop any of them.  I know several folks, including my neighbors across the street, that got the virus.  All but one survived it.  And judging by the increased boating traffic I encountered on all lakes I fished last year, I can attest that not many folks curtailed their outdoor activities because of the pandemic.

As to Lake Powell, I wouldn't put my own boat in there for any reason.  Too much bovine excrement associated with the AIS to put up with it.  I do make a couple trips a year down there and fish with a buddy out of his house & bass boat.  He doesn't mind the BS and spends two months in the Spring & Fall living on the houseboat and hosting others like me.

Tight lines to all y'all for the upcoming 2021 soft deck season.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I have to agree with Bob with the many boaters on the lakes. Being retired puts me on a lake at any time avoiding weekend crowds. However even during mid week it seem like a weekend with the crowds. It hasn't slowed me up from getting out. My wife & I also are survivors of the virus. I sure wish I was going to Sitka again.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Your trip sounds wonderful! I wish that everything went as plannedWink I am a beginner and unfortunately I do not have a boat yet, but there are plans for a trip to Masuria, where I will have a lot of small and large lakes. I look forward to the weekend to leave all my problems behind me and go to a well-deserved rest with the fish
I agree with Dubob and Bduck it was crowded on the lakes even mid week. Tackle and camping sales were off the charts at record levels as many people turned to the outdoors to get away. It only slowed me a just a bit with some of the restrictions early on where you could go. First time in 40 years I did not make a trip to Lake Powell. I went plenty to many other lakes
and had a great fishing year. We Skipped our annual Alaska trip but planning a week this year.
This virus is a strange one I know 25 neighbors friends relatives that got it. Most all very minor symptoms. Only One had serious problems an associate and his wife got it. His wife was hospitalized for 10 days, he was a bit tired that’s it? Hard to figure young and healthy not much to worry about. Elderly and with health issues should be very careful. Here’s too an end to the pandemic and good health and fishing to all as we return to more normalcy.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life