Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard - One kitty shy of a Skunk
Video 
Put the boat in at the south marina about nine this morning. Five hours of dragging the feedlot and only one dumb kitty to show for it. Water temp in both the marin and the lake was 47 degrees.  A few outfits in the channel parking lot. Maybe the walleyes are moving in.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the fishing picks up before the bugs get bad.
I have heard the Walleye Snaggers are out in force. The one that told me did not know what to do, so I reminded him that there was a poacher hot line. I know that it often does not happen fast enough, but if enough people call.......maybe.
(03-31-2021, 08:14 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Put the boat in at the south marina about nine this morning. Five hours of dragging the feedlot and only one dumb kitty to show for it. Water temp in both the marin and the lake was 47 degrees.  A few outfits in the channel parking lot. Maybe the walleyes are moving in.

Larry,  I did just about the same thing today. Worked from Freeway Bay zig-zagging all the way back a little past the south marina channel. 

But I did better than you..................... Tongue  I took home my skunk quota , again...... Angry
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
The poaching at Willard is ridiculous. It used to be a fishery I would have great success at almost 100 percent of the time April through at least September that was 20 years ago. I spot poachers more times than not when I go whether it is asians throw netting game fish or taking buckets on buckets of Wipers. Not being racist just have seen it many times and called many times. The only thing which happened was the State closed the road to the North dike. It has been happening for a long time and even when I call nothing has been done which I have witnessed. End of rant
State needs to go back to closure of the south inlet channel during Walleye spawn, and then ENFORCE the closure.  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool