Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visiting Willard 4/2
Got on the water at 7:30, it was better than hitting Disney land. People on the inlet, and a few dozen boaters on the water.  
Jetted to the west side and run bottom bouncers for two hours. Saw fishes in 17 feet of water, but they would not bite anything we tried.  About 6 other boats but never saw a fish boated.  
Water was 49 degrees, very calm wind. 
Tried jigs and a crank bait, but nothing.
I'll be back...
I met Pat there this morning to exchange some freshly minted pesos for some fish bling. Did not see ya, but sounds like you launched from the south. Had a few extra minutes so I tossed in a cat rig and jigged the docks for crappie. A few tugs for my time spent but pretty slow, also. I, also, will be back....
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
It was a beautiful weather day but not a great fishing day...at least up until the time I left at noon.  I fished the NE corner and ended up with 2 cats away from skunkdom.  Didn't see much on sonar either.  It will probably be about mid April before more post spawn walleyes start eating.