Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pic Heavy
Public land fishing has a lot to offer! The only thing I'm not crazy about is the danger of sharing information about "where". I've lived long enough to see places ruined by over fishing time and again, once the word gets out. With that said some Jackwagon will probably jump on this thread and try to name the body of water that some of these fish came from. I've deleted other threads for that very reason. I wish people could be more content with just enjoying the beauty of these fish, rather than always trying to exploit or find an area where they are caught.
[Image: Troy-Adams-4-10-17-B.jpg]
[Image: Troy-Adams-11-21-18-G.jpg]
[Image: Troy-Adams-4-14-17-C.jpg]
[Image: Troy-Adams-11-21-18-I.jpg]
[Image: Troy-Adams-3-28-16-F.jpg]
Thanks for sharing your pics with us, some beautiful fish for sure. 
We have a rule on this site where if a member chooses not to share the location of a place they have fished then other members are not suppose to ID the location or even guess where it is. Mods can't catch everything, all the time, so it is really helpful if members would hit the report post button when they see others breaking this rule.
I didn't know that. I will for sure so that. It kind'a set me off earlier this week, and inspired this post.
Thanks for the great pictures and even greater fish. Cool
Was showing Cookie some of your photos. First thing she did was say....isn't that......

I stopped her before she said it out loud Smile
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Yeh it's called "hot spotting" ?   I did it by accident several years ago, got well blasted for it. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Ya i don't get out much. Not sure I would recognize my backyard if someone posted it. So everyone just know your secrets will go to my grave with me lol.
I think we have all seen fishing spots get trampled by the masses after the word got out.
Many years ago I told a co-worker about the fantastic perch fishing in a small Idaho reservoir, I didn't see any harm in it since he rarely fished. Soon afterward a different fellow placed a hand drawn map to the reservoir on my desk and asked me to mark where I had caught all the jumbo perch. Lesson learned.
I can respect people not wanting to divulge a location -- but what confuses me is if you really don't want people to know, then why post it on a forum with pictures for people to see?

Nice fish. Thanks for sharing.
(04-12-2021, 01:24 PM)PBH Wrote: I can respect people not wanting to divulge a location -- but what confuses me is if you really don't want people to know, then why post it on a forum with pictures for people to see?

Nice fish.  Thanks for sharing.

"enjoying the beauty of these fish" that's why.
(04-12-2021, 01:24 PM)PBH Wrote: I can respect people not wanting to divulge a location -- but what confuses me is if you really don't want people to know, then why post it on a forum with pictures for people to see?

'Seems pretty simple to me and I'm sure many others on this site feel the same way. It's all about sharing what we all enjoy doing, fishing and catching and I'm not sure about you but sharing pics of the fish we catch helps others experience the joy we have when we catch those fish. I doubt he is concerned about the people that know the location he was fishing, because they already knew but sharing the location with the lurkers and members that don't know, that is the problem here, that is exactly why we have the rules of not telling a location when the OP does not share it.
Nice photos Bigsky, Nice fish I don’t care where you fish.

What ever happened to Loah? He used to post some really cool pics, and he had a knack for some creative poses that told the stories with out disclosing the locations.

There are some waters that depend on the advertising on of the great fishing so as save the survival pools in dry years. That popularity holds more wait than some believe when it comes to the allocation of those last precious drops come September.
(04-12-2021, 01:30 PM)Big Sky Wrote:

"enjoying the beauty of these fish" that's why.
i like the cut of your jib
[Image: ItalioRiver04056.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0477_(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: bigboy.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]

[Image: IMG_3774_zpsdf402371.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3021_zpspxpaueoe.jpg][Image: DSCN3826_zps7f499a24.jpg?width=1920&heig...fit=bounds]
[Image: DSCN2425_zps838b26ff.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3038_zps8ft1lu3i.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1661_zpsv7ximi8e.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1014_zpsax774u5y.jpg?width=1920&heig...fit=bounds]
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
wiperhunter2 Wrote:Seems pretty simple to me and I'm sure many others on this site fill the same way. It's all about sharing what we all enjoy doing, fishing and catching and I'm not sure about you but sharing pics of the fish we catch helps others experience the joy we have when we catch those fish.

Nothing wrong with sharing. I enjoy the pictures. I like seeing fish.

I just find it a bit ironic when people want to "share", but at the same time bring out the "hot spotting" card.

I'm all for posting pictures of fish. Keep it up. But don't cry foul when people start discussing the location of your catch after you post a bunch of pictures. If the location is that sensitive, then maybe consider not sharing...
(04-13-2021, 01:31 PM)PBH Wrote:
wiperhunter2 Wrote:Seems pretty simple to me and I'm sure many others on this site fill the same way. It's all about sharing what we all enjoy doing, fishing and catching and I'm not sure about you but sharing pics of the fish we catch helps others experience the joy we have when we catch those fish.

Nothing wrong with sharing.  I enjoy the pictures.  I like seeing fish.

I just find it a bit ironic when people want to "share", but at the same time bring out the "hot spotting" card.

I'm all for posting pictures of fish.  Keep it up.  But don't cry foul when people start discussing the location of your catch after you post a bunch of pictures.  If the location is that sensitive, then maybe consider not sharing...
This rule has been in place for many many year, so the OP has the right to complain about it. We would much rather have him posting the pics and not sharing the location than not posting at all. Please stop giving this member a hard time about this PBH, what you see as crying foul is not what others see, enough said.
Quote:Seems pretty simple to me and I'm sure many others on this site feel the same way. It's all about sharing what we all enjoy doing, fishing and catching and I'm not sure about you but sharing pics of the fish we catch helps others experience the joy we have when we catch those fish. I doubt he is concerned about the people that know the location he was fishing, because they already knew but sharing the location with the lurkers and members that don't know, that is the problem here, that is exactly why we have the rules of not telling a location when the OP does not share it.

I could not have said it any better myself. Thank you Wiperhunter2
im  just gonna leave this here cause it seems to fit

with the ben is my friend and im one of his grommets godfather and in the viddy and thankfully right side up in this one
i dont subscribe nor support his goofy social media shenanigans
other than friends letting friends do themselves
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
wiperhunter2 Wrote:This rule has been in place for many many year, so the OP has the right to complain about it. We would much rather have him posting the pics and not sharing the location than not posting at all. Please stop giving this member a hard time about this PBH, what you see as crying foul is not what others see, enough said.

I know the rule -- which is why I haven't said "looks like xyz...". I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with the rule. I'm not giving him a hard time either. I'm just saying that there is some irony in it. i'm not saying anyone should change anything. Just pointing out the irony. it's neither good, nor bad. The cool kids call this a "nothing burger". Carry on.
Fishskibum, those are some great fish!!!
(04-12-2021, 04:59 AM)thatchergreg Wrote: I think we have all seen fishing spots get trampled by the masses after the word got out.
Many years ago I told a co-worker about the fantastic perch fishing in a small Idaho reservoir, I didn't see any harm in it since he rarely fished. Soon afterward a different fellow placed a hand drawn map to the reservoir on my desk and asked me to mark where I had caught all the jumbo perch. Lesson learned.

People just don't value something that they didn't have to put in the time, effort, and $$$ to figure out.
Sunrise on the water