Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Turn & Burn
Friday 4-9 was a planned day trip to the Gorge. It turned out to be a no go with wind hampering the day. So my thought was to hold off a few days since wind forecast was not too favorable. [i]I woke up at 0230 Saturday, as I laid there for the next 20min the Gorge light came on and I then knew I was not going back to sleep. I reached over for my phone to check wind conditions for the Gorge turning out to be a favorable window of opportunity before the fan kicks in for that up coming afternoon. I tapped the wife and got that groaning "WHAT", this is the same response I would get no matter what but I said "I'm going to the Gorge". I know I'll have a price to pay with her when I get home. By 0430 I had things loaded, my little companion who knew something was going on so he wanted to be a part of it. We both now were on our adventure that has always been known to me as a turn & burn. By 0800 I was on the happy fishing waters of Flaming Gorge. I fished south of the pipe and got into a couple of large skools of koke. I caught 4 on the day, released 1 of those to continue to grow and lost another at the net. I managed 2 in the box. In the mean time 2knots & Rileyfish were fishing in SuperDaves new North River. [/i]
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Good day! Glad you had fun!
Glad you were able to make the long haul up there and have success Roger. I gave up on those turn and burns years ago, too many good lakes around here, that are much closer but it's good to know you can still make that long drive up and back and enjoy it.