Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Troll 04/11/21
Hey All,
Got on the water about 2:30pm, 1 of 3 boats that I could see.
Started Trolling out of the Marina, past the dam and along the West side.
Very few marks on the fish finder, no hits.
Once we got about 1/2 way along the reservoir, we trolled out into the middle continuing to head north.
Once we hit the deepest spot (approx 118') we started marking fish anywhere from 15 to 30'.
where the reservoir starts to narrow, we started getting hits and picking up some planters. 
Trolled back and forth through that narrow area and ended up boating 7 rainbows and losing a few.
Had a Frog pattern Flatfish on the Downrigger at 20', and Pop Gear and another Frog flatfish on the other, anywhere from 12 to 18' deep.
Once the sun went down and the wind picked up it got cold in a hurry and we were out of there about 7:30 or so.
Pretty Good day overall.
I dont see a lot of posts of guys running flatfish these days. We have sure caught a lot of fish on them. It was my father in-laws goto mac lure at the Gorge. Thanks for sharing
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(04-14-2021, 10:19 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I dont see a lot of posts of guys running flatfish these days. We have sure caught a lot of fish on them. It was my father in-laws goto mac lure at the Gorge. Thanks for sharing

Yeah, I've seen days when they'll hit nothing else. Always really liked them.
Pop gear?  Frog Flatfish?  Is that merely traditional or just "old-timey"?  Seriously, hard to beat the old tried and true standards.  Used to work well and still does.

Anyway, you were probably trolling too fast for fligs.

Glad you got some tugs.
(04-15-2021, 08:25 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Pop gear?  Frog Flatfish?  Is that merely traditional or just "old-timey"?  Seriously, hard to beat the old tried and true standards.  Used to work well and still does.

Anyway, you were probably trolling too fast for fligs.

Glad you got some tugs.
Yes sir, it was an old timey, quick trolling, flatfish evening. Can't wait to try your Fligs on my next Willard trip!