Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picked Up The New Boat Today
Took a trip down to Fred's Marine and picked up the new boat. A Tracker Pro Guide V16 with full windshield. The boat looks great. Now I can't wait to get it out on the water.
Sounds great let's see a picture so we will recognize you.
I've had my tracker for twenty years, I still like it..
You can't go wrong with a full windshield, sure is nice when you are out on those cold mornings. What size motor did you get?
Thumbs Up 
What toys are you going to dress it with?  Smile
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I'll have a picture shortly. It has a 75 hp motor.  I got the i-Pilot head put on the existing trolling motor and a bow mounted Helix 7 fish finder.  It's also configured with a Bimini top for the non-fishing wife on those sunny days. I also got the Lakemaster package for this area.
Congrats on the new boat
Happy new Boat Day!!!!! Congrats, sounds like a wonderful rig... best of luck with it... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I will be taking the boat out today on Willard for some break in time, and a little fishing.

[Image: newBoat.jpg]
(04-22-2021, 03:13 PM)steelhawk Wrote: I will be taking the boat out today on Willard for some break in time, and a little fishing.

[Image: newBoat.jpg]
Wow that would be fun!!!, congrats and good luck getting it slimy. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(04-22-2021, 03:13 PM)steelhawk Wrote: I will be taking the boat out today on Willard for some break in time, and a little fishing.
Good looking boat, hope it works out well for you today. Do you by chance know how wide it is at the back, at the beam, mine is 92" and is 16'2" long. Not sure if you know this but the wider a boat is the more stable it is on the water. I looked for one for three years before I found one that wide but I did not buy new, so I'm just not sure how hard it would be to get one that wide, if you are buying a new boat.
(04-22-2021, 05:22 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Good looking boat, hope it works out well for you today. Do you by chance know how wide it is at the back, at the beam, mine is 92" and is 16'2" long. Not sure if you know this but the wider a boat is the more stable it is on the water. I looked for one for three years before I found one that wide but I did not buy new, so I'm just not sure how hard it would be to get one that wide, if you are buying a new boat.
Things may have changed, but my 2015 Tracker ProGuide 16 has a 7'4" beam. I just checked and the 2021 models are 7'4" still. Mine feels more stable than other boats that I have owned. The next size up, the PRO GUIDE™ V-165 WT has a 8'1" beam at just over $25,500.

(04-22-2021, 05:22 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Stability of the Tracker PG16 is great. Three men on the same side of the boat. Two wrestling a sturgeon over the side of the boat and the third doing photos and the gunnel is still 4-6 inches  above the water.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
(04-22-2021, 05:56 PM)BURLEY Wrote: Things may have changed, but my 2015 Tracker ProGuide 16 has a 7'4" beam. I just checked and the 2021 models are 7'4" still. Mine feels more stable than other boats that I have owned. The next size up, the PRO GUIDE™ V-165 WT has a 8'1" beam at just over $25,500.

Thanks for the info Hue, that is what I expected and I believe that is why I had such a hard time finding a boat that had at least a 90" beam. I think most boat manufacturers don't make them that wide in their standard 16' model. I think the boat I got had to be ordered special but it could be that every manufacture does it different. That was going to be my next question, how much they cost, thanks for sharing that info. So 7'4"=88" beam and the 8'1"=97" beam, that is amazing the beam is 11" wider and the boat is only 6" longer.   
When Ira bought his boat from the cabela's in Nebraska years ago the price was $14k, locally boats that size were going for 20k or more depending on the model. That taught me a lesson, if I ever by a boat new, don't buy it in Utah, they are cheaper to the East.
Great looking boat !   Big Grin   

Did the Cat come with it....... Smile 

Take plenty clean rags and a spray bottle of Simple Green to clean all that pretty white hull paint.  Many of the lakes here will sure leave a bath tub ring on the hull. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I haven't used simple green that's interesting. Probably cheaper if it works. I use stuff called Hot Sauce off Amazon is the cheapest I've found. It was recommended to me and it works great, it's a vinegar based solution.
I used Turtle Wax hybrid ceramic coating on my Lund. By the time I pull the boat up the ramp and into the parking lot its almost dry. My boat has a painted hull, not sure how it would work on bare aluminum.
Steelhawk,
I believe we met last month in the fishing department at Ace. I hope the new boat works well and the Willard fishies bite. leave a couple for me, I'll be there Friday morning.
(04-22-2021, 09:49 PM)Mooseman75 Wrote: I haven't used simple green that's interesting. Probably cheaper if it works. I use stuff called Hot Sauce off Amazon is the cheapest I've found. It was recommended to me and it works great, it's a vinegar based solution.
You nailed it, a vinegar based solution is all you need, just go to the dollar store and get a spray bottle buy a gallon of white vinegar. I mix mine in a 50/50 of vinegar and water, others use a different mixture but it cuts that crud off your boat like no ones business.
(04-22-2021, 10:32 PM)thatchergreg Wrote: Steelhawk,
I believe we met last month in the fishing department at Ace. I hope the new boat works well and the Willard fishies bite. leave a couple for me, I'll be there Friday morning.

Yes we did. It was a good conversation. I put in a plug for the website and fligs but you already knew about BFT and even had some fligs.

We (myself, wife and 87 year old mother) had a good tour of Willard Bay breaking in the boat. We got on the water at 2:30 and completely circled the Bay,  pulling into the dock at 4:30.

I got a bit worried when nothing happened when I turned the key to start it up, but remembered my briefing at Fred's Marine. If it won't start,  check the kill switch. That was it.

We didn't do any fishing. The boat performed well. The 75hp motor moves it right along. I don't now how fast top speed is since the speedometer didn't work, and I couldn't figure out how to get the Hook 4x out of simulation mode. I forgot to bring the manual.

I never dropped the trolling motor down so the Helix 7 stayed stowed.

We had a good time and will be fishing soon. I let my mother and wife drive for awhile. They enjoyed it a lot.
(04-22-2021, 11:47 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: You nailed it, a vinegar based solution is all you need, just go to the dollar store and get a spray bottle buy a gallon of white vinegar. I mix mine in a 50/50 of vinegar and water, others use a different mixture but it cuts that crud off your boat like no ones business.
I've always used 1/4 cup vinegar to one quart of water.  Removes all the hard water spots IF and ONLY IF you clean it after every trip.  For the really tough deposits, the commercial product, CLR, mixed half & half with water, will clean off those really hard deposits.  The 'Hot Sauce' product also works very well but costs way more than vinegar & water.  Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Steelhawk. I have had my PG16 since 2015 and have made many modifications. Some I have made are pictured below.
[Image: Boat.jpg] [Image: IMG-0479.jpg]
This ladder is great for launching and loading. Hipboots needed in cold water.
[Image: IMG-0481.jpg] [Image: IMG-0847.jpg]
[Image: IMG-0848.jpg] The hydrofoil helped getting on plane. I have only the 60hp Mercury. The transducer mounting board is a must.
[Image: IMG-0856.jpg]  I repurpose things, so I added the crutch to prevent people from grabbing the windshield and give a stable handle when stepping up and down. The handrail in the background I made out of fencing rail to assist my 83 year old friend get on and off the dock. Really handy!!!!
[Image: IMG-0858.jpg] [Image: IMG-0861.jpg] Extra drink holder on each side, and hour meter. I also added a charging unit to charge the trolling battery after the main battery is fully charged.
If you want to see what I've done, I live only 10 minutes away from Willard North Marina, in Brigham if you want to come by and look.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Thanks all for the info on cleaners.

Burley, your boat reminds me of the acronym BOAT. No, not the one about more money; Bring Out Another Toy. I love what you have done. Wish I could afford half that stuff and had the skills to do it.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.