Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Down South in Dixie
Headed to St George for a few days.
Any reports on Sand Hollow, Quail or Gunlock?
I will be fishing at Sand Hollow mostly as we are staying across the street from the main entrance.  Last year we did well on the south end off the beach throwing to isolated pieces of sunken vegetation for bass and big bluegills but were wading. This year I am taking the kayaks with electronics so we can vertical jig those kind of spots. and have some mobility.  
Hoping to spend a morning at Gunlock chasing crappie but haven't heard of anyone else doing that yet so looking for information on that.

Has anyone ever been to Sand Cove?  I never have but am thinking that we may give that a try too.
(04-19-2021, 12:48 PM)Gone Forever Wrote: Headed to St George for a few days.
Any reports on Sand Hollow, Quail or Gunlock?
I will be fishing at Sand Hollow mostly as we are staying across the street from the main entrance.  Last year we did well on the south end off the beach throwing to isolated pieces of sunken vegetation for bass and big bluegills but were wading. This year I am taking the kayaks with electronics so we can vertical jig those kind of spots. and have some mobility.  
Hoping to spend a morning at Gunlock chasing crappie but haven't heard of anyone else doing that yet so looking for information on that.

Has anyone ever been to Sand Cove?  I never have but am thinking that we may give that a try too.

All three have bass staging for the spawn right now, so you can catch them pretty much everywhere you want to with almost any tactic. I've fished Upper Sand Cove and Lower Sand Cove many times, both have some big bass but they are tough to catch. This is definitely the best time to get them, they should be bedding up in those little waters. Good luck!
Fished Quail last week. Caught multiple rainbow trolling kokanee gear. Nothing big, some up to 16", most planter sized. Have pulled the boat back to Utah County. Targeting kokanee now.
Thanks!
Had great day on SH yesterday. The evening surface bite was constant and the shallow divers are working too.
Tons of smaller 10" to 12" males everywhere and you could haul several from a spot. The bigger fish were more scattered but there, and willing.
Probably finished the day somewhere around 30 caught and released each. My thumb is raw.
Sorry no pics, I find it hard to take them from the kayak but will try to get some today.
On our way out now.
(04-21-2021, 12:49 PM)Gone Forever Wrote: Had great day on SH yesterday.  The evening surface bite was constant and the shallow divers are working too.
Tons of smaller 10" to 12" males everywhere and you could haul several from a spot.  The bigger fish were more scattered but there, and willing.
Probably finished the day somewhere around 30 caught and released each.  My thumb is raw.
Sorry no pics, I find it hard to take them from the kayak but will try to get some today.
On our way out now.

Glad you got into them...we went yesterday evening in the wind for a few hours, really got into them right before dark and managed the biggest bass so far of 2021 for us, a nice 4.5 lb female. Heading back out again this evening, hope to break that.
The evening bite was much better than the morning. Seemed like they would wait for the shallows to warm up before moving in.