Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cookie's Willard report
Hit Willard early this morning. Off the dike this time instead of the fishing dock. South west corner where there were fewer rocks for me to hike down. (One of these days I am going to get stuck on the dike and need one of you to bring your boat by to rescue me  Wink )
Action was on cut chubs on a Santee or Carolina rig. Brought in 4 cats pretty quick and missed that many more before we left to get lunch. Played with a flig too in case there was something else in the depths, but couldn't entice anything. Beautiful morning, no wind. Shout out to Pat for helping with the acquisition of bait and tackle. Looking forward to a fun summer on the water! See ya'll there. 

Here is our video link. Yes, we are back. Sorry. 

https://youtu.be/raHSNqcF6XU

[Image: 20210422-080205.jpg]
Notice she did not mention how many I caught. I will have to talk to her about that
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Glad you guys were able to get out...and get some action.  A few more degrees of warm in the water and there should be some wipers mixed in with the whiskers.

Good to see you could both make it there and back with your "conditions".  
(04-22-2021, 08:17 PM)CookiePirate Wrote: Hit Willard early this morning. Off the dike this time instead of the fishing dock. South west corner where there were fewer rocks for me to hike down. (One of these days I am going to get stuck on the dike and need one of you to bring your boat by to rescue me  Wink )
Action was on cut chubs on a Santee or Carolina rig. Brought in 4 cats pretty quick and missed that many more before we left to get lunch. Played with a flig too in case there was something else in the depths, but couldn't entice anything. Beautiful morning, no wind. Shout out to Pat for helping with the acquisition of bait and tackle. Looking forward to a fun summer on the water! See ya'll there. 

Congrats, looks like a killer day! Really enjoyed your video, you two are a great team.
Glad you two were able to get out there and get some tugs, nice video as well, looked to be a nice morning at the Bay.
(04-22-2021, 08:17 PM)CookiePirate Wrote: Hit Willard early this morning. Off the dike this time instead of the fishing dock. South west corner where there were fewer rocks for me to hike down. (One of these days I am going to get stuck on the dike and need one of you to bring your boat by to rescue me  Wink )

Fun watching your video, looked like a beautiful morning, my son and i went out for a few hrs.Friday morning in the boat and picked up a couple eyes and a wiper. Felt good to get the old Crestliner back on the water, she celebrates her 21st birthday this year.