Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible tough Koke fishing at Jordanelle theory
Some things to consider.

A- Most of the tiger muskie that they have planted are fingerling size less than two inches. The survival rate on plantings of fish that small are not very good.

B- Tiger muskie are an ambush predator and like to hang around structure looking for prey. I have never see any instances of them suspending out over deep water where most salmon live. I am no expert on this so I could be wrong.

C- After watching the way the tiger muskie had made a home in Pineview and seeing that they have done very little to change the population of the perch and crappie there it wouldn't seem that the salmon would have much to worry about unless they spent a lot of time by the shoreline.

D- It seems to me that wipers prefer warmer water temperatures than salmon and would stay in that temperature range as long as they can find food. I think that the perch and smallmouth bass are in more danger from the wipers than the salmon. The one area where they could have an affect on the salmon is if there is some recruitment from the spawn in the river and the young have to make it out to open water before the predators find them.

With the cutthroat it will boil down to how well they can spawn and reproduce in that environment. If they can't then really it will be just like the splake and depend on how many they plant.

But as stated these are my thoughts and don't carry any weight to them. I have been wrong before and will be wrong again. That I can guarantee.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible tough Koke fishing at Jordanelle theory - by a_bow_nut - 05-04-2021, 07:50 AM