Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible tough Koke fishing at Jordanelle theory
(05-04-2021, 07:56 PM)Outfishing13 Wrote: One question I have had for a while is where are the kokanee from Jordonelle spawning?  Generally they like to spawn in lakes, beaver ponds and small streams.  Are the going up the upper Provo. If so, where?  Is there enough fish spawning each year to replenish or supplement what is being stalked.  One of the things that had to be done in Alaska to assist with enhanced fisheries is to literally put fertilizer in lakes where the fish spawned. That way there were enough nutrients in the lakes to grow enough plankton for the baby fish to eat.  If there are not enough adult fish to fertilize the spawning grounds then the little fish will not survive.   

Interesting theory though.  I would like to hear a fish biologist chime in and explain why they think this system will work in the lake.
Kokanee spawn up the Provo river in pretty significant numbers I have gone up and viewed them. I posted a couple pics in another post. They run quite a ways up the river. I am not sure how successful the spawn is, but they do spawn up the Provo in the fall.
Mildog
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible tough Koke fishing at Jordanelle theory - by Mildog - 05-06-2021, 11:19 PM