Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek Kokanee Wednesday
Decided to try Soldier Creek yesterday and had a great trip.  Launched to a surprise that they had the marina docks parked in front of most of the boat ramp.  Only left enough space for maybe to boats to launch and that would've been tight.  Anywho...fishing started off kind of slow and missed a few bites getting to the boat BUT once we found them it was game on.  Got on the water at around 700 and had out limits by 1030.  Found them anywhere from 25-40 FOW and bit just about everything we offered.  The Orange shrimp and green micro squid got the most love.  Thought I even saw Liketrolling out there.  Not sure but saw the black Tracker and heard a voice like his.  After our limits we went for a boat ride over to the Strawberry side and sure enough the entire lake appeared to be ice free.  Only saw a few boats over there, Soldier had quite a few more.  Don't people work on Wednesday anymore.  Hahaha!!  Here's a few pictures of the catch.  [Image: PXL-20210505-173842382.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20210505-184307475-MP.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20210505-234007686.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20210505-144759634-MP.jpg]
Very nice! Makes me want to get up there. Thanks for sharing.
Did you clean those beauties at the marina?
Nice details, thanks. Was it very cold.
Filleting Kokes at the marina, heaven forbid we abolished that archaic rule!
Didn’t you hear, the DWR believes the Kokes look like Cutts and Bows at Strawberry.
But at any other lake in Utah the difference can be discerned so it is okay to fillet at the marina.
That rule is actually an insult to the anglers who fish Strawberry.
How did we allow this silliness to even become law?
P.S. I’m sure he filleted at home.
(05-06-2021, 04:10 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Did you clean those beauties at the marina?
Nice details,  thanks. Was it very cold.

I hope he did. No filleting at the SB is the dumbest rule there is.
(05-06-2021, 04:10 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Did you clean those beauties at the marina?
Nice details,  thanks. Was it very cold.

No way Jose! I don't take any chances. They come home and get cleaned and filleted. ?
Looks like a great day!
Great catch! Curious if you think a kayak fisher would be safe in the water amongst the boats.
(05-06-2021, 09:34 PM)JArner Wrote: Great catch! Curious if you think a kayak fisher would be safe in the water amongst the boats.

There were a few kayakers out there Wednesday. As long as they can see you I think you'd be fine.
(05-07-2021, 02:53 AM)knottyhookr Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 09:34 PM)JArner Wrote: Great catch! Curious if you think a kayak fisher would be safe in the water amongst the boats.

There were a few kayakers out there Wednesday. As long as they can see you I think you'd be fine.

Thanks!