Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach 12 May 2021
Violet and I got on the water this morning leaving the channel close to 0900. The water temp was 57* at the opening. Light breeze. Water warmed to 63* when we left at 1500. Vi picked up a WB that provided us fresh bait. That was in 5.5'. We started a slow ride east and soon found our selves in 1.5-2 f.o.w. and started picking up some Cats. we each released 6 and long line released 2 each. These were consistently the smallest cats we have caught in the 2 years we have been fishing it. They ranged 18-25".         We'll be back.

rj
Nice you got out. My boy and I missed you by a couple hours as we shore fished from LB and I caught my biggest of the year at 28.5" and my boy caught his first of the year, a24"er. Today the 13th I made my first trip out in my boat since back surgery.. It felt ok but I'm paying for it now my back is hurting mighty bad. Hope to read more adventures about you guys and hope to see you out there.
Sorry your having so much trouble with your back. I don't know exactly what your dealing with but when I blew my disk I thought I would have a break down before I was able to get it fixed.

Good to hear you got the boat out.

rj
(05-14-2021, 04:44 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Nice you got out. My boy and I missed you by a couple hours as we shore fished from LB and I caught my biggest of the year at 28.5" and my boy caught his first of the year, a24"er. Today the 13th I made my first trip out in my boat since back surgery.. It felt ok but I'm paying for it now my back is hurting mighty bad. Hope to read more adventures about you guys and hope to see you out there.
Sorry to hear your pain, I to have issues.  Monday I got cortisone injections  I going to brice canyon next week. It's been4 days and boy I can walk, I feel much better, for now. It was worth it..
My back just needed time to settle down. I'm about over the spasms I was having. I had my back surgery March 15th and got the back brace off Tuesday this week and just pushed myself. But I didn't lift or bend hardly at all, I left that up to my boys haha. My 14 year can put the boat on the trailer probably better than I can. He's done it almost every time. Ive only done it twice. I just drive the truck lol. I'll be at it soon as I can again. We are putting in a sprinkler system this next week and the following week I'm going on a vacation so sneaking in a boating trip may be difficult.
Verdean, I just love those cortisone shots. I'm glad you've gotten some relief.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Moose man I feel your pain. I had back surgery in 1991. Have had very few problems since. I had a great doc and was lucky I think, but I worked on it a bit. One tip my doc recommended and was a big fan of is walking, it has been a big help to me !
Whenever my back was “acting” up I would go walk, sometimes it even hurt a bit to do it at first but with some time walking, things would get much better. It was and still is a big help to me. If my back ever acts up I go for a long walk it always helps. Start slow but walk enough to loosen things up and get the muscles warmed up. Then do some light stretching when done while still loose. Just passing along in case it might help you. It was the number one thing my doctor said would help and make
things feel better and Aid the healing process as your body finds a comfort zone of sorts.
Best of luck and I hope all is well for your back and lots of good fishing ahead!
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
(05-16-2021, 06:07 PM)Mildog Wrote: Moose man I feel your pain. I had back surgery in 1991. Have had very few problems since. I had a great doc and was lucky I think, but I worked on it a bit. One tip my doc recommended and was a big fan of is walking, it has been a big help to me !
Whenever my back was “acting”  up I would go walk, sometimes it even hurt a bit to do it at first but with some time walking, things would get much better. It was and still is a big help to me. If my back ever acts up I go for a long walk it always helps. Start slow but walk enough to loosen things up and get the muscles warmed up. Then do some light stretching when done while still loose. Just passing along in case it might help you. It was the number one thing my doctor said would help and make
things feel better and Aid the healing process as your body finds a comfort zone of sorts.
Best of luck and I hope all is well for your back and lots of good fishing ahead!

Thanks for the tip. I always welcome them. Ive been walking quite a bit on this surgery and I have a goal to continue. I'm a big guy so I want to lose weight so it's a lifestyle change as well. I walk in the morning and at night. But I do feel better walking. I'm always pacing around the house