Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB 5/18/21
Checked the weather report last night and with this upcoming weekend my family is putting in a sprinkler system in my yard and following week a vacation I'm not going to get much of any fishing in. So we started to get boat ready and I remembered I never charged up batteries after last outing and not wanting to have them die on the lake we decided to shore fish. It was catslayer, tyfighter, and myself. Catslayer started us off after 30 minutes of nothing. He was helping me get my rods set up as I still can't bend over to get bait or my rods off the ground. While he was helping me he kept hearing a noise and finally put a finger on it.....it was his baitfeeder, he hurry and ran over to his rod and started reeling down. It got caught under a rock and he wasn't going to let it get off so he kicked his sandals of and walked out in the water to get the fish loose. He lame just as his leader broke and he pounced on the cat. It was a 26.5" er...... I pace a lot to ward off the pain. Well when my back was turned my baitfeeder started singing and line was flying off it. I had my rod leaning up against my backpack so I could easily grab. I grabbed a hold of it and reeled down that fish flew up flew through the air. I got it to shore and Devon netted it and it. It measured 27.5". That was all we caught for the day unfortunately. Got a couple bumpers which is good. Hopefully we can get the boat out soon
Nice job Justin, I'll check out the contest board for bumps... way to go... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Hey Justin, Thanks for the report and I'm glad you had some fun. I sure hope your back gets better soon!
Can't beat some good bumps. We can't find anything better than 26 so far
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(05-19-2021, 06:57 PM)Piscophilic Wrote: Hey Justin, Thanks for the report and I'm glad you had some fun. I sure hope your back gets better soon!

Thanks Jim, each day it's like I can do a little bit more but still hurts about the same right now come 7pm I'm about done with the day. So I'm thinking it's supposed to work this way, at least I hope

(05-19-2021, 12:58 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Nice job Justin, I'll check out the contest board for bumps... way to go... Jeff

Thanks Jeff it's nice getting some fish. I had mine in 3/4 of the way trying to avoid other lines and bushes before I realized I should of let Tyler reel it in. I usually let my kids get theirs before I get mine. I felt kind of bullyish after, especially when Tyler said to me geeze dad I wish I could of done that. Oh well to late

(05-19-2021, 11:19 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Can't beat some good bumps. We can't find anything better than 26 so far

I probably shouldn't call them bumpers I was pretty tired they were or baseline fish so is that a bumper.....? I don't know. For me it was my 3rd fish  and 2nd for catslayer. This is the first time I've started with this big of fish. I haven't caught anything smaller than 27" which is rare. But you guys deserve some big ones. Looks like I'm going to get my father back so I don't know how my summer will be but if you guys want to go out of LB on a boat I can make room for you. Just an offer I'm not hurt either way whether you accept our decline.
(05-20-2021, 02:16 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 06:57 PM)Piscophilic Wrote: Hey Justin, Thanks for the report and I'm glad you had some fun. I sure hope your back gets better soon!

Thanks Jim, each day it's like I can do a little bit more but still hurts about the same right now come 7pm I'm about done with the day. So I'm thinking it's supposed to work this way, at least I hope

(05-19-2021, 12:58 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Nice job Justin, I'll check out the contest board for bumps... way to go... Jeff

Thanks Jeff it's nice getting some fish. I had mine in 3/4 of the way trying to avoid other lines and bushes before I realized I should of let Tyler reel it in. I usually let my kids get theirs before I get mine. I felt kind of bullyish after, especially when Tyler said to me geeze dad I wish I could of done that. Oh well to late

(05-19-2021, 11:19 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Can't beat some good bumps. We can't find anything better than 26 so far

I probably shouldn't call them bumpers I was pretty tired they were or baseline fish so is that a bumper.....? I don't know. For me it was my 3rd fish  and 2nd for catslayer. This is the first time I've started with this big of fish. I haven't caught anything smaller than 27" which is rare. But you guys deserve some big ones. Looks like I'm going to get my father back so I don't know how my summer will be but if you guys want to go out of LB on a boat I can make room for you. Just an offer I'm not hurt either way whether you accept our decline.
Thanks for the offer. Would enjoy it, but might be a while. My father passed away this week and I am still waiting to hear about my neck surgery timing
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Lance, I'm sorry to hear that. Our hearts and prayers go out to you.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Prayers your way for you and your family Lance for your loss....