Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website image problem????
Anybody else having problems viewing (or posting) images?  Gone back to several posts and the images that were once viewable are replaced by links that don't work.
(05-23-2021, 02:32 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Anybody else having problems viewing (or posting) images?  Gone back to several posts and the images that were once viewable are replaced by links that don't work.

I am unable to open images, because I receive security warnings that my connection is nor private, when I click on an image.  These have only started popping up recently, so perhaps a setting has changed on my computer.
(05-23-2021, 03:27 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 02:32 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Anybody else having problems viewing (or posting) images?  Gone back to several posts and the images that were once viewable are replaced by links that don't work.

I am unable to open images, because I receive security warnings that my connection is nor private, when I click on an image.  These have only started popping up recently, so perhaps a setting has changed on my computer.
That is the same issue I am having.  And I tried three different search engines.  Not your computer.  Just our "new and improved" playroom.
(05-23-2021, 03:46 PM)TubeDude Wrote:

That is the same issue I am having.  And I tried three different search engines.  Not your computer.  Just our "new and improved" playroom.

I also tried three different search engines.
(05-23-2021, 04:39 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:

Kent, try attaching a pic to this thread. Pat replied to a post and said he could not see the pic but I could, we need to find out how many members are not able to see attached pics. There could be another reason why you two can't see attached pics.
(05-23-2021, 05:07 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 04:39 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:

Kent, try attaching a pic to this thread. Pat replied to a post and said he could not see the pic but I could, we need to find out how many members are not able to see attached pics. There could be another reason why you two can't see attached pics.

[Image: POWER-SQAUDRON-REMEDY.jpg]

Okay, I just tried to attach a pic called "Powersquadron Remedy".  It showed fine on the BFT attach image system but when I clicked on attach it showed up as a small square...and on the post it shows as a link.  But when I click on the link, this is what appears.
a potential security threat and did not continue to ibb.co because this website requires a secure connection.

What can you do about it?

ibb.co has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.
Shows up fine on my end, can any other members see the pic that TD attached?
Sounds like a security issue on a computer.
Pat isn't this the same place where you were having problems with a few weeks back, getting inappropriate pics?
Seemed to work for me correctly.  I am using Chrome for whatever it is worth.

[Image: white-mayfly-of-early-july.jpg]

Decided to attach a mayfly that comes off the lower Weber in June-July time frame to see if this works.
I see you pic as well. Good info on browser you are using, I'm using Chrome as well.
(05-23-2021, 06:10 PM)Anglinarcher Wrote: Seemed to work for me correctly.  I am using Chrome for whatever it is worth.

[Image: white-mayfly-of-early-july.jpg]

Decided to attach a mayfly that comes off the lower Weber in June-July time frame to see if this works.

Tried Chrome.  No difference.  I am guessing that my internet provider...Centurylink...is the problem.  I know Kent also has CL and he has the same problem.   Never been an issue in the past, but now I can't see images posted on BFT.  No problems on any other website.  Hmmmm?
You could be correct Pat, I know others don't get email notices and they have centurylink. I've reported this issue to management, hopefully I get a response in the next day.
They won't open on my phone using Chrome.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I also have century link and cannot open images

(05-23-2021, 08:27 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: They won't open on my phone using Chrome.

Are you on wifi with century link?
(05-23-2021, 08:29 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: I also have century link and cannot open images

(05-23-2021, 08:27 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: They won't open on my phone using Chrome.

Good Call. Turned the wifi off and the pictures opened up fine.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I got both.  rj
(05-23-2021, 08:37 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 08:29 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: I also have century link and cannot open images

Good Call. Turned the wifi off and the pictures opened up fine.

I almost always access BFT from my desktop computer.  I first tried my smartphone, using my CenturyLink wifi and got the same error message.  I then turned off wifi and didn't get the same exact message, but one that was very similar.
It all worked fine for us, we used to be on Centurylink but have now switched to fiber for our internet, we use Chrome /MS Edge and use the wifi to connect our computer.
I'm in too, its working for me.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I am able to see the pictures posted and use century link for internet.
I use Comcast / Xfinity and Chrome Browser. All seem to be working fine. Do most of my posting from my desk top PC. 

[Image: 02-14-Jan-2015-New-BFT-Flag.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool