Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5/29
My wife and I took the kids, including our youngest to Willard, arriving approximately 10:00, fishing by 10:30.  The lake was surprisingly less busy than I expected.

We trolled for two hours with nothing.  I moved in closer to shore and found the wipers.  We put 2 limits in the boat and released several others.  The Power Squadron insisted in running full bore through the area I found with willing wipers.  Every time they did it would put the fish down for 20 minutes until we'd start getting hits again.  As the water warmed up, the wipers seemed to move a little further from shore, but that could have also been the Power Squadron pushing them around. No huge wipers, but all in the 12-15" range. 

One of the rods looked heavy and my wife was right next to it so I suggested she reel it in and check it for stuff on the lure.  It turned out to be a 20" walleye, which was the fish of the trip.

We called it at about 3:30 with all the fish we wanted and happy kids, except for the 1 year old.  He was only in it for the snacks.
I skipped the next three days because I expected it to be so crowded I could walk from boat to boat.  Glad to hear you got some fish, an "some" peace.
(05-30-2021, 03:38 AM)Anglinarcher Wrote: I skipped the next three days because I expected it to be so crowded I could walk from boat to boat.  Glad to hear you got some fish, an "some" peace.
Sunday was great, Very little traffic. Monday flat out sucked, It was like being in a washing machine most the day.